Celtic Fans

saintgscot

I work with a Celtic fan who said to me yesterday that there was a whole thread about saints on the fans forum that he goes on. It is giving us big complimets and saying how well run the club has been and how we carried on despite losing managers and how much we deserved the win on Thursday night. So maybe just there is some decent tic fans out there.

My in-laws are all die hard Celtic fans and being perfectly honest I had a view that the vast majority of oldfirm fans were the same and a black mark on Scottish football. My view has totally changed, I been to a few games with them and heard and seen nothing like what people make out, in fact there is a family feel about the support, I'm still under no illusions that there are fannys but there are fannys supporting all clubs. They always quick to congratulate on saints stuff, i have not experienced any old firm matches but from what I have seen a lot of the opinions seem unjust.

There's good and bad in every support.  There were fans of all clubs praising Saints on Pie and Bovril (even Ross County!).  The size of Celtic's support means that they have more idiots following than other clubs, but there are certainly some decent guys follow them as well.  In my experience the worst Old Firm "fans" are the ones who don't actually go to games!

Have to throw this in. My oldest daughters fiance is a Celtic man as is all his family who attend just about every game at Porkheid,during one of the games last season when we recorded a great win,there was a couple of local weegie prats giving saints crap from the first minute,midway through the second half some of the "Perth Celts" actually turned on these locals and stuck up for Saints and Perth which caused a bit of bother,good on them.This doesnt take away the fact that in my eyes they should support their local team but taking that out of the equation they aint all bad.Add to that one or two of them may be coming with me to the game on Thursday.

Good and bad in every support. Although I would say that any "bad" experience relating to fans from the Old Firm has always been from "The Rangers". Celtic supporters I know seem to acknowledge that there is a world outside their window and I was in receipt of many congratulation texts last Thursday from them. Having said this, wouldn't it be great if all football fans in Perth supported the team from Perth.

I'll be honest, mates of mine that are season ticket holders at Parkhead are always asking how Saints got on and if they already know the score congratulating or saying hard luck. As mentioned there will be the good with the bad but I also feel there must be a modicum of respect towards Saints in recent years due to past seasons results between the two teams.

Edited by SaintDougie