Oi Chubby!

O'Rourke

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get a pan of water add a dash of vinegar , bring it to the boil, take it off the heat, whisk the water vigorously' add the egg and pop it back on the heat.The spinning water and the vinegar help keep the egg together. Don't bring it back to the boil , just simmer for a couple of minutes or longer if you like it more well done. Carefully remove it from the pan with a drainer spoon shaking of any excess water.. Bobs yer uncle fannys yer aunty a perfect poached egg..:wink: Oh and I dinnae have a restaurant anymore. I work at Perth College and if a student asked me for a poached egg I'd tell them to sod off:laugh:

Unfortunately i missed the first night of this, through my own fault.No matter as it turn's out Thursday night's would not have been good for me.that does not mean i am not committed to losing the weight though and that is why i am posting up now.

Today my wife and i signed up on a 12 week course called the Winning Weigh. and although my missus has to get checked out at the docs to see if she is "fit to exercise" i dont think there will be a problem and we are looking forward to shedding the pounds, (together)now i know it will not be easy but with the details i am about to share with you ,(mine , no the trouble and strifes) because i need to do it, and i need support, who better than my missus and fellow wappers .

first i thought i was about 16 stone-actuall 16st 11lbs

Second i thought my waist size was 42(well thats my trouser /jean size-Actuall 4feckin 7(Seven)47 i was stunned to sllence(that doesnt happen a lot)

I thought BMI was a kind of bike-actually it's apparantly my body mass index, and it's is 35(Still not sure what all that means tbh

and my 5%target loss is 5.3 and my 10% is 10.6 Guess i will learn soon what the feck that means.

Oh well here goes!!

Second i thought my waist size was 42(well thats my trouser /jean size-Actuall 4feckin 7(Seven)47 i was stunned to sllence(that doesnt happen a lot)

I thought BMI was a kind of bike-actually it's apparantly my body mass index, and it's is 35(Still not sure what all that means tbh

and my 5%target loss is 5.3 and my 10% is 10.6 Guess i will learn soon what the feck that means.

Oh well here goes!!

Always said you where a fat bar-steward:laugh:

Welcome to the 'Not as fat as we were Fat Club'.:wink:

Edited by Tranmere Saintee

Unfortunately i missed the first night of this, through my own fault.No matter as it turn's out Thursday night's would not have been good for me.that does not mean i am not committed to losing the weight though and that is why i am posting up now.

Today my wife and i signed up on a 12 week course called the Winning Weigh. and although my missus has to get checked out at the docs to see if she is "fit to exercise" i dont think there will be a problem and we are looking forward to shedding the pounds, (together)now i know it will not be easy but with the details i am about to share with you ,(mine , no the trouble and strifes) because i need to do it, and i need support, who better than my missus and fellow wappers .

Oh well here goes!!

Good luck and Run fat boy run:wink:

GB, are you meeting up with Ghostie on Dunkeld Road before heading up tonight? The reason I ask is that I will be hiking in:shock: and could meet up with you on the Dunkeld Road.

No not tonight , looking to cut down a little on the walking and upping the time in the training zone as that will start to burn the calories quicker.

Managed 140,000 steps this week already,thats 20,000 a day but looking at 1.5 to 2 kg loss for that, a bit more jogging and hopefully it will come off quicker.

No not tonight , looking to cut down a little on the walking and upping the time in the training zone as that will start to burn the calories quicker.

Managed 140,000 steps this week already,thats 20,000 a day but looking at 1.5 to 2 kg loss for that, a bit more jogging and hopefully it will come off quicker.

No problem, hopefully Ghostie may see this before I leave which is in about 30mins:shock:

• 2 weeks later...
For Gingers info, 9 of us made it tonight !!:wink:

Got soaked twice today walking the dogs,was very weak and looking forward to hols . result BIg Brian and i meeting in Christies and sampling a beer or two,will now have to work doubly hard over the next 3 days to keep up with Ghosties considerable weight loss. see you Thursday.

,will now have to work doubly hard over the next 3 days to keep up with Ghosties considerable weight loss. see you Thursday.

Need to get yourself on Facebook so you can read about Ghostie & Andy's exploits on Sunday - classic insanity!!:laugh::laugh:

Edited by Tranmere Saintee
Cannae spell

Good luck and Run fat boy run:wink:

Thought i would give you guys a wee up date on my progress.

The first week was torture, nothing went right and i weighed in at 106.15 +0.6 BAAAAAAD!!

But this week has been much better, i played my normal footbal at McDiarmid on monday night, completed a 3 and a half mile run yesterday, had my Gym induction today and weighed in at 103.90 -2.25.another run tommorow, and the good thing is im starting to enjoy it, never thought you would get such a buzz and feel so good after running.

Alright troops, not been for the last couple of weeks due to my dad not being too good then kids stuff last week.

However, I ended up in PRI on Tuesday with chest pains. Kept in til yesterday afternoon while they did tests, scans & x-rays. Turns out I've got viral pericarditis, so half a pharmacy for the next wee while and rest.

Recovery could be anything between 3 weeks & 3 months, depends how it goes.

Anyhow, that's the FFIT done for. I might make it to the next group in the new year, but for those I've met and trained with, it's been a blast! Best of luck to you all for the next few weeks. Have a press up or two for me! :wink:

Alright troops, not been for the last couple of weeks due to my dad not being too good then kids stuff last week.

However, I ended up in PRI on Tuesday with chest pains. Kept in til yesterday afternoon while they did tests, scans & x-rays. Turns out I've got viral pericarditis, so half a pharmacy for the next wee while and rest.

Recovery could be anything between 3 weeks & 3 months, depends how it goes.

Anyhow, that's the FFIT done for. I might make it to the next group in the new year, but for those I've met and trained with, it's been a blast! Best of luck to you all for the next few weeks. Have a press up or two for me! :wink:

Sorry to hear that OTR, really bad news but hope, like TS, the three weeks is nearer the mark. Get well soon and listen out from the window for the cheers as Saints keep winning..... :shock::wink: