2011 mini tour

Having chatted about a wee tour for 2011, we think its probably best to shelf a euro trip until 2012 to allow more time for fundraising etc.

If we stay within the UK, i.e Blackpool, Newcastle etc then there is more chance of the likes of Jock being able to take us in the mini bus and the like.

Probably best to set a deadline for a decision on this of the end of October, so we can get something booked up at a decent price, allow folk plenty of time to arrange holidays (if required) and sort out opponents.

Below are some ideas, but feel free to add your own suggestions.

Blackpool -

Central Travelodge - Approx cost will be between 50 and 60 each for three nights, friday, saturday and sunday.

Easy enough driving distance, approx 4 hours.

Newcastle -

Travelodge in Gateshead (2.6m from Newc City centre) - Approx cost is 25 each!! Again three nights.

Even easier driving distance than Blackpool.

York -

Travelodge - Around 40 quid each

Cardiff -

Travelodge - 80 quid each approx

This is really taking shape, good numbers saying they are in so far.

Also the lad who runs Whitby put me in touch with a lad from a Darlington Supporters team and they are happy to host us on the Sunday if we want.

So football wise its all but sorted.

Whitby is an hour from Newcastle and Darlington is about half an hour so i suggest we do either one of the following.

1- Stay in Whitby on the Friday night, play Whitby Saturday, take up invite to watch Whitby Town vs Bradford Park Avenue with the Whitby Wanderers guys then travel to Newcastle and stay there on the Saturday and Sunday nights.

2 - Just stay in Newcastle the three nights, which would mean an early morning drive to Whitby on the Saturday.

Hotels situation - Whitby backpackers roughly a tenner a night each. Travelodge Gateshead (2.6 miles from Newcastle) £25 per room per night that can sleep 3.

Travel options - Gav has asked a guy he knows and awaits an answer, Eric also knows a guy who has a mini-bus and will do some digging.

IN

DEPOSITS PAID IN BOLD

Gav McD

Fernie

Cal

Gav S

Andy

Dave R

Rory

Kaylor

Eric

Smithy

Paul L

Maybe

Craig T

Stuart

Steve T

Unlikely

Beano

Edited by lethamsaintee

After lengthy discussions with "her indoors" i am pleased to announce that after trading 3,000 brownie points and the promise that i will wash the dishes at least once between now and then , she has agreed that i can go, in fact im sure i heard her mutter "Wish it was a week"

Dirty%20Dishes.gif

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 2 weeks later...