Poor attendance chestnut

ancientsaint

Getting kids in the door is the answer, but at the correct age. There are a couple of families behind us in the east stand and to be honest the kids are too young and spend the whole first half asking when its going to be half time so they can get food and then 10 minutes into the second half asking is it time to go. I have no doubt in a few years they will get it and become saints fans of the future.

I disagree. I have had my eldest with me Home and Away since he was 3 years old. Like you say, there is a lot of pleasing him, but now see the benefits to that. If he hadnt taken him from an early age, he wouldnt support saints and I would be under pressure to take him to watch United or Dundee.

You might think that my location is the reason for this, I will counter by stating Perth is exactly the same. If you cant lock them in before they go to School the chances of them following the 'crowd' and claiming to follow the OF are increased

You are never too young to go to the football. I was on the pitch at East Fife before I went to School!!! You are too young to appreicate it for what it is, its up to the parents to make it exciting

Edited by Mike180279

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the first things that needs to change is the law.

Being able to bring your own drinks in to the match for the kids would immediately make for a cheaper day out.

I do it every week. Buy exactly the same product that they sell in the ground. Capri Sun or a quenchy cup. Pick them up for a fraction of the price

I disagree. I have had my eldest with me Home and Away since he was 3 years old. Like you say, there is a lot of pleasing him, but now see the benefits to that. If he hadnt taken him from an early age, he wouldnt support saints and I would be under pressure to take him to watch United or Dundee.

You might think that my location is the reason for this, I will counter by stating Perth is exactly the same. If you cant lock them in before they go to School the chances of them following the 'crowd' and claiming to follow the OF are increased

You are never too young to go to the football. I was on the pitch at East Fife before I went to School!!! You are too young to appreicate it for what it is, its up to the parents to make it exciting

Been taking my lad since he was 3 to get him hooked on the Saintees! Living in Edinburgh, I will face the Hibs / Hearts challenge for his allegiance head on :evil:

I remember the days of playing 'tig' on the terraces of Muirton Park and looking at the pitch occasionally when there was a noise of some sorts