Amature demolition

myDarlingBeefeater

at 1st i thought "what a spanner" but then i remembered a trip to blackpool years ago with the strathy bar crew, when we shared the driving, and it was my job to park the minibus, so i went slowly through the barrier at a carpark to see if it cleared ok, and it did by about 2 inch, so i drove on, then felt the van bumping down at the back, i got out the van for a look, only to see thick yellow and black stripes along the roof of half the feckin van, because it was higher at the back, so we stuck it through a carwash (it just fitted) when we got back and returned it to the rental company, you could still see the stripes sorta, but we got away with it.

p.s. sorry if the next person to hire it got the blame:laugh:

So professionals must be perfect?

Surely the same argument could be made for a professional footballer misplacing a 5 yard pass?

No, professionals must be competent. I'm sure you would make the above fatuous argument but they are, of course, not the same.

Missed a five yard pass? - Better luck next time.

Demolished a historic artefact because you don't know the dimensions of your vehicle and/or weren't paying attention? - P45.

No, professionals must be competent. I'm sure you would make the above fatuous argument but they are, of course, not the same.

Missed a five yard pass? - Better luck next time.

Demolished a historic artefact because you don't know the dimensions of your vehicle and/or weren't paying attention? - P45.

So what if he clipped a wing mirror and did no damage?

:laugh: Don't be so obtuse. They are opposite ends of the same spectrum of error but not "exactly the same thing". By your logic, pranging my front bumper into a bollard while parking is the same as creaming into it at 100mph.

What has speed got to do with it? It's a judgement about dimensions. He got it wrong. The speed only comes into the equation when you look at the effect, not the cause.

:laugh: Don't be so obtuse. They are opposite ends of the same spectrum of error but not "exactly the same thing". By your logic, pranging my front bumper into a bollard while parking is the same as creaming into it at 100mph.

If you claim through your insurance, it might as well be.

2 years down the line when filling in a form, you'd have 1 previous accident in the past 5 years