Chris Squire

Jaco Pastorius

Glenn Hughes

Geddy Lee

Jeff Berlin

Stanley Clarke

Tony Levin

all aren't fit to string Foxton's Fender Precision right enough :wink:

I'd put Steve Harris in that list too. Gets overlooked as a musician sometimes as the whole aura of being in Maiden overshadows how good a bass player he is. Plays a lot of melodies and chords instead of just root note stuff.

In terms of sheer skill and musicianship there's guys like Stu Hamm and Billy Sheehan.

Ox I'll give you, however

Chris Squire

Jaco Pastorius

Glenn Hughes

Geddy Lee

Jeff Berlin

Stanley Clarke

Tony Levin

all aren't fit to string Foxton's Fender Precision right enough :wink:

I think Glenn Hughes still collaborates and gigs with Joe Lynn Turner? They're big in Japan...but then who isn't...:laugh:

I think Glenn Hughes still collaborates and gigs with Joe Lynn Turner? They're big in Japan...but then who isn't...:laugh:

Glenn's collaborated with many fine musicians incuding Turner. They produced 2 albums together, but there won't be any more (according to Mr Hughes himself.) I've been a huge fan of his for years - he has a breathtaking voice and is a huge talent who's never really had the success as a solo artist he's deserved in my opinion. He's now in Black Country Communion with Joe Bonamassa and still tours with his own band. He's actually over in this country at the moment playing a few acoustic gigs to promote his autobiography which apparently sheds some light on the last days of Deep Purple Mk.4, if you've heard some of the gory rumours surrounding that period...

Yip, Hughes doesn't get the credit he deserves. I also think JLT's voice is tremendous. Hasn't he done a few 'voiceover' singing ads - for cosmetics or ladies feminine hygiene products or something? And that JLT pout...Posh Spice - eat yer heart out! :laugh:

Iommi is always a beast in terms of evil riffery. Intrigued to hear what the new Sabbath album will be like. They'll be hard pushed to top the last Heaven & Hell record. Looking forward to seeing them at Donington next Summer though. Will surely be the last time they do it.

I have to admit I've never been a massive fan of the Ozzy fronted Sabbath - RJD defined them for me, and it's a classic example of a second incarnation being what a band should have been when they first started. Having said that, some of Ozzy's solo stuff is pretty good. Glenn Hughes and Ian Gillan (particularly) should never have been part of Sabbath itself.

Although they're "collaborative" the Glenn Hughes songs on Fused shine through. "Grace" and "I Go Insane" are probably the best songs on the album for me.

You should check out Glenn's (2005) "Soul Mover" album if you like Fused - some great guitar work from his studio guitarist JJ Marsh. His touring band guitarist is a Swedish guy called Soren Andersen who handles the Blackmore stuff commendably, and my girlfriend has a bit of a thing for! :laugh: