Apec

pezza70

APEC kicks off here in Sydney during the week and the bloody authorities have erected a 10ft fence throughout the CBD here in the city.

I work in a building which will be heavily patrolled with security.

I also live in the CBD and I live in what has been declared the no go zone for everyone other then the politicians and us who live here.

We have all been given ID cards to wear inside the no go zone and if we are caught in the area without our ID's then the police have the power to take us staright to jail and hold us as suspected terrorist threats.

If someone is unlucky to be seen as a terrorist threat by a special agent from another country then they have been given powers which basically allows them to shoot on the spot and they will be given full amnesty of any laws here in Australia.

George W Bush is here for 3 days and is bringing a support staff of 655 people with him and his missus.

Our prime minister is happy as a pig in shit with all of this.

we do get the day off on friday, but I live inside the fence so am basically trapped inside for the day

last week we had a black hawke helicopter land on our roof as there was two men on the roof acting suspiscious.

They turned out to be air conditioning mechenics!

I always think there is no need to hold these things in 'mainstream' locations that put the public at risk, disrupt the lives of the local population and cost millions of pounds/dollors of taxpayers money.

Why cant they hold them for example in already heavily fortified military bases and just get on with it?

Of course that may reduce the away days and photo ops of the policticians who of course do everthing for the good of their country, not themselves.