Raymond Stewart Returning

Sir Albert Tatlock

For the record I have been told today the Ray has a job in this area and also does some work for West Ham as a match day host. He was a great player for the hammers and Dundee United and was maybe a bit past his best when he got to Saints

Out of interest the last time i saw him he was on a bed next to SaintKev and SaintCath ... but it was at the blood donor session in November

I played for stanley U 16's many moons a go and the man in question came along to coach us and told practically all of us we were no use and would never make it as footie players. Deflated me at the time but though he was right, must have been an arse to speak to young kids like that. Who shagged his missus ???

After reading the addition to this thread I decided I would speak to TC to find out if there was any truth in this rumour. I drive one of my family to play for the youth team and training and after meeetings with the coaching staff I know he is highly rated and it is coming close to the time for resigning for the SAINTS.I telephoned TC he said quote" He has had no meetings with his Gaffer, Tony Doc or the Board and has not been told he is being replaced and none of his coaching staff have indicated that they are leaving" unquote . Saints have a good reputation on the west coast and at most games of there games you can see premier scouts as I know some of them when they were after my family member.If this does happen that TC or his coaching team do get replaced it will be a big dissapointment to many of the young players and their parents. I also find it very strange as Derek McInness was under 19 coach before taken the manager,s job so he will know how the youth system works. I do not know Ray Stewart and have no axe to grind with him if it works dont fix it ask Andy Jackson or Kevin Moon who came through the youth system.

he scored a terrific goal for us at mcd near bust the net.cant remember much else when he came here,other than i wasnt keen on us signing him at the time.i know a story about his father but thats unfair,its no his fault .so am saying no more.

I heard that TC was thinking of retiring and also heard that McInnes didn't like the way the system was run after his time as a coach. Having both been big at United, I'd imagine McInnes and Stewart are relativley close and I think that he would be great for Saints. He'll have many contacts and will help to develop the set-up. The coaches at Saints aren't ex-professionals so don't really have the experience of playing in big games. Imagine the youngsters being coached by the hero's when they were young. I know that if I was being coached by Stewart or an ex-pro I would be eager to learn and I'd imagine the experience they could pass on would only benefit the young lads.

At your Rangers, Celtic etc. the Head of Youth is helped by big names like, Iain Durrant, Tom Boyd, Ian Ferguson, Gordon Durie etc. If we had a few names like that as coaches I think the club's profile would be bigger and the players would be more inspired.

I heard that TC was thinking of retiring and also heard that McInnes didn't like the way the system was run after his time as a coach. Having both been big at United, I'd imagine McInnes and Stewart are relativley close and I think that he would be great for Saints. He'll have many contacts and will help to develop the set-up. The coaches at Saints aren't ex-professionals so don't really have the experience of playing in big games. Imagine the youngsters being coached by the hero's when they were young. I know that if I was being coached by Stewart or an ex-pro I would be eager to learn and I'd imagine the experience they could pass on would only benefit the young lads.

At your Rangers, Celtic etc. the Head of Youth is helped by big names like, Iain Durrant, Tom Boyd, Ian Ferguson, Gordon Durie etc. If we had a few names like that as coaches I think the club's profile would be bigger and the players would be more inspired.

Jose Mourinio and Arsen Wenger spring to mind as coaches who did not have a particularly high level pro career.

TC has no intention of retiring at the end of the season, that I am aware of anyways.