Holmes Signed For Q.o.s

sideshowbob1974

do we need another striker we have Samuel, Milne, McDonald and Jackson do we need to add another that was the reason McDonald didn't get games because he had so many players in front of him as he had Holmes and Barret on top of that

how come theres no whiff of this on the club site

Yes, all 4 of them have had their injury troubles. Sammy has been stop/start all season and lets not get started on Jacko and Peaso. Suicide if we dont.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck homer-did his job but can;t say i'm too fussed.

confused though-we offer him a deal but he chooses queeens?

i don't go along with folk saying he's honest enough to realise his level, every player would love a bash at a higher level, which leaves me with 2 answers

1. Del said he wasn't gonna be 1st choice or

2.Queens offered more wages

good luck homer-did his job but can;t say i'm too fussed.

confused though-we offer him a deal but he chooses queeens?

i don't go along with folk saying he's honest enough to realise his level, every player would love a bash at a higher level, which leaves me with 2 answers

1. Del said he wasn't gonna be 1st choice or

2.Queens offered more wages

He was offered a 1 year contract compared to 2yrs at QOS which must suggest that Del's got another striker coming in :)

He was offered a 1 year contract compared to 2yrs at QOS which must suggest that Del's got another striker coming in :)
No, I dont think it does. It suggests to me that Del was happy with his lot and wanted to see how Homer coped in the SPL.

New striker now though will be in his plans.

New striker now though will be in his plans.

I'm convinced he'd have signed a new striker anyway, Mike. I think all this means is he might sign two. I really hope one of them is Kenny Deuchar.

I liked Derek Holmes but like others had reservations about his ability to do a job in the SPL. The last few weeks (when he's been coming off the bench) have kinda papered over just how rotten we were around January/February with him leading the attack.

He split the support right down the middle with Saints and I'd guess he'll do the same at Palmerston, especially following in the footsteps of Sean O'Connor.

Best of luck Homer I really mean that. I am one of the few who have a high opinion of you. Its not all about being the scorer is it? In many other sports you get points for setting goals up too. I wonder what his stats would have looked like then?

Who knows since its a 2 yr contract he may be playing against us in the SPL in 2010/2011 or he may be earning 5k a week in the English leagues!

I've always regarded Holmes as a big honest guy and think he knows his limitations better that anyone. Benched with no appearance money in the Premier would be no use to him when he could be playing week in-week out for QoTS.

That goal against them in Perth must have clinched his deal.

Good luck to him.