TV Highlights this season..?

duckfundee

beats waiting 3months for a 2cm sq box on our website

Don't knock it 541aintees, the college media studies team were doing the recording as part of their studies and then cutting the recording for the website. To reduce the wmount of bandwidth used there were restrictions placed on the size by the webmaster.

FYI, the college stopped recording last Christmas, the videos that appeared after were done by volunteers doing it in their own time. What you get at a lot of other clubs are people who are paid to do the recording and uploading which all adds to the cost of the day. For example, Partick Thistle brought 3 guys to do the work, one operated the camera, one commentated and the other was the sound guy.....

From my understanding, as we are now in the SPL the recording of games is restricted by the media contracts.

Don't knock it 541aintees, the college media studies team were doing the recording as part of their studies and then cutting the recording for the website. To reduce the wmount of bandwidth used there were restrictions placed on the size by the webmaster.

FYI, the college stopped recording last Christmas, the videos that appeared after were done by volunteers doing it in their own time. What you get at a lot of other clubs are people who are paid to do the recording and uploading which all adds to the cost of the day. For example, Partick Thistle brought 3 guys to do the work, one operated the camera, one commentated and the other was the sound guy.....

From my understanding, as we are now in the SPL the recording of games is restricted by the media contracts.

i appreciate these guys were doing it voluntarily and i know costs would have been involved but surely it would have been worth the costs to improve the quality-i think nearly every other club in the 1st had better highlights

think it's something to do with the rights packages.

Yep, and the 'live' rights extend to Monday night, so the BBC have to wait until that's out of the road before showing the highlights.

STV had the same highlight rights until last season and voluntarily gave it up because it wasn't viable. No sport-friendly advertiser wants to buy airtime on Monday night at 11pm, especially given the low potential audience at that time.

Tv Highlights?

Well the Celtic game is being streamed over the inter-web today, so who needs highlights :)

aye, i'd imagine all our games v the bigots will be available to watch on the old stream dodge ;) i stopped watching at 2-0 and moved onto the stoke game today.