Aberdeen away - 7th Nov

st Tommy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what time are you guys getting the train up to aberdeen?.

do you know if it stops at markinch?.

do you have to change at dundee?

9.30 from Waverley.

That train doesnt stop at markinch but one that leaves 5 mins later does (10.18). whether these two are combined on a saturday i dont know.

Train is direct to sheepsville

Timetable here:

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/files/Edinburgh-AberdeenMay09.pdf

Sorry to miss out due to work as I think we have a great chance and I have never been to Pittodrie for a victory.Hope you all have a great day out and return with 3 points irrespective of our team and tactics as chosen by 101 or Del dependent on who is in the hot seat come Sat afternoon!!!! p.s. Trains still only going as far as Montrose as of this morning due to flooding and more rain forecast for Friday. Have fun.

Anyone in the know about whether or not the trains will or will not be running all the way to Aberdeen on Saturday?

Also don't know if you all know this or not but you cannot buy Alcohol from an off sales before 10am, so if you want drink for the train up you'll need to get it today or tomorrow.

Anyone in the know about whether or not the trains will or will not be running all the way to Aberdeen on Saturday?

Also don't know if you all know this or not but you cannot buy Alcohol from an off sales before 10am, so if you want drink for the train up you'll need to get it today or tomorrow.

At the moment trains are running as far as Montrose then replacement buses running from Montrose to Aberdeen.

No bookings are being taken for journeys to Aberdeen in advance of the journey just now (though whether that is on the sleeper service only or not wasn't clear).

All info can be gleamed in advance each morning from the First Scotrail website.

At the moment trains are running as far as Montrose then replacement buses running from Montrose to Aberdeen.

No bookings are being taken for journeys to Aberdeen in advance of the journey just now (though whether that is on the sleeper service only or not wasn't clear).

All info can be gleamed in advance each morning from the First Scotrail website.

Friday they are only going as far as Dundee then buses from there. If it's still like that on Saturday then I think i'll give it a miss. Hope not as i've looking forward to this for ages.

Friday they are only going as far as Dundee then buses from there. If it's still like that on Saturday then I think i'll give it a miss. Hope not as i've looking forward to this for ages.

Damn, I'm on the 4.30pm train tomorrow, hoping to get up and have time to drop the bags off at the hotel before Idlewild start!

Im sure it will be fine on sat! just come along and stop being old! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyway, after your 4th can of tennants you wont be worried how you get there!!

Damn, I'm on the 4.30pm train tomorrow, hoping to get up and have time to drop the bags off at the hotel before Idlewild start!

Said on one of the other threads that the glasgow trains are going straight through so i dont think it will be long before the edinburgh ones do too. Otherwise, swap trains at Dundee - got to be quicker than getting the bus!

Said on one of the other threads that the glasgow trains are going straight through so i dont think it will be long before the edinburgh ones do too. Otherwise, swap trains at Dundee - got to be quicker than getting the bus!

Yeah, noticed that there was a limited number of trains going through - hopefully these are the rush hour ones as will likely need another drink to follow the few that will be consumed on the train!

According to Scotrail, this is the latest times for tomorrow and it shows a train from Dundee rather than a bus

Journey summary

Outward Journey (07 Nov 2009)

09:30

Edinburgh Waverley

10:35

Dundee

Train SCOTRAIL 01h 05

11:00

Dundee

12:39

Aberdeen

Train SCOTRAIL 01h 39

Edited by geoff was right!!
cant spell

According to Scotrail, this is the latest times for tomorrow and it shows a train from Dundee rather than a bus

Journey summary

Outward Journey (07 Nov 2009)

09:30

Edinburgh Waverley

10:35

Dundee

Train SCOTRAIL 01h 05

11:00

Dundee

12:39

Aberdeen

Train SCOTRAIL 01h 39

so are you guys going to be on the 1100 train to scaberdeen then?.because my train get into dundee at 1018 then i get the 1100 train to aberdeen.

Edited by faircityboy