Cup Semi Final

st Tommy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my tickets in the post today so now it's what train to get? When is everyone heading through?

I'm off all day (and the next day and the next day and so on until the following Tuesday!) so name the time (roughly lunchtime sounds a decent starting time) and let the festivities begin!!!

I was thinking about the 14:56 from Edinburgh to Glasgow Central which gets in at 16:11, but just getting on the train at Livingston at 15:15. Go for something to eat and a few beers then get a train from Central to Mount Florida. A return for me is only £9.

That sounds a decent plan - those that want a couple extra can head for some in/near Waverley/Haymarket. Return should be about £15 or so if it is a cheap day return.

I was thinking about the 14:56 from Edinburgh to Glasgow Central which gets in at 16:11, but just getting on the train at Livingston at 15:15. Go for something to eat and a few beers then get a train from Central to Mount Florida. A return for me is only £9.

If you get that train then ill jump on at Uddingston after dropping the car off at Claires.

Otherwise, ill probably just meet you in Glasgow.

Got my 1/2 day of work booked for the Wed afternoon and Thurs morning! Bring it on!

If you get that train then ill jump on at Uddingston after dropping the car off at Claires.

Otherwise, ill probably just meet you in Glasgow.

Got my 1/2 day of work booked for the Wed afternoon and Thurs morning! Bring it on!

I don't think the 14:56 stops at Uddingston Tommy. This train makes 5 stops before Glasgow.

The 14:25 and 15:26 both make 17 stops :shock: including Uddingston I think.

That's one of the reasons I picked the 14:56 so probably better to meet you in Glasgow.

I don't think the 14:56 stops at Uddingston Tommy. This train makes 5 stops before Glasgow.

The 14:25 and 15:26 both make 17 stops :shock: including Uddingston I think.

That's one of the reasons I picked the 14:56 so probably better to meet you in Glasgow.

Ah, right! Cheers!

I will see what happens - i may yet still go from Edinburgh!

I think 1433 sounds like a plan - pub wise, there's the Horsehoe, Iron Horse, Firewater (Sauchiehall St) or for cheap grub/drinks the Weatherspoons (Counting House?) on George Square.

Closer to Hampden, the International could be a shout for meeting up with those who are driving through.

There was a wee bit of chat on Saturday about meeting up in the Mercat on Wednesday before getting the 2.30 train through to Glasgow....are folk still keen to do that?

The Mercat have a deal on food at the moment with all lunches £5 from 12.30-2.30 so that could be a good way to start of the day!!