Holidays

Fair Maid

lochinver - going back this year hopefully

Arisiag...Wonderful place.. Been back plenty since I grew up..

As a kid money was always tight in our household and as a result holidays to places within Scotland were often a luxury (as I am sure a lot of families were in the same boat when i was growing up in the 60s and 70s) So it is refreshing to hear that some folk like going back to those places even after all these years.

only got to go on holiday if the social took me!went to glen isla+ lunen bay.rest of the times it was with my mum who would drag me off to her jehovah witness assemblies!load o pish!prefer sniff glu skive school and skunk my burd...burds

Edited by ANDY5565
forgot my s

I stayed on a farm near Burrelton and we spent the first few weeks of the holidays at my dads berries, some of the youngsters will find it hard to believe but we actually had to use most of the early money earned to put towards our school uniform .First day of the holiday would be a trip to Perth show , high tea at the Waverley and the "Showies" as we called them at night Then it was up to my Gran's who stayed in Unity Terrace and we probably got to stay there for 3/4 days with exciting trips to Jeanfield park and the South inch