#27 - 06/02/10 - Saints 0-1 Dundee Utd - Scottish Cup

How many knee jerking pricks can one forum sustain?

Thats a tad harsh Gordon, I thought you didn't believe in abusing other forumers?

Thank goodness someone else can see how bad he is.

If your talking about Sheridan then you've obviously skipped a few messages. Right now I'd say about 10% max of the forum is behind him.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could buy into that ghost, the midfield against hearts functioned quite well an maybe a rest would do jody good

Only because Hearts were tin dish. Jody is still playing well, you guys just don't recognise it because familiarity breeds contempt. He is needed in there as a skipper. There is no other alternative at this point in time. The only one who could do the job is Gartland but he was awful on Wednesday.

Thats a tad harsh Gordon, I thought you didn't believe in abusing other forumers?

I'm truly fed up by this place. I can't believe that so many clowns on here try to rate a player by one game. Irvine and Craig have been terrific for us since Del became "manager" yet some of the posts over the course of the season have been sheer vitriol. How anyone can say they'd be if Craig isn't in the team is beyond me. Have they seen him at training, do they wtch games, do the have any interaction with other players/coaches. Where do these folk get off?

It's fine to attack such as Sheridan who is clearly not a real football player or McLean who is an actor that dresses up as a goalkeeper; neither player has achieved anything in the game and specifically nothing at Saints, but Craig and Irvine are heroic, decent, committed and frankly they deserve a mch better class of support than we can offer. I'm often ashamed of my fellow fans.

The worst example is the current treatment of Alan Main. I always defended Saints fans (as a collective group) until the night we played the Arabs in the cup. The abuse that Alzo has since endured is disgusting. Smith's performance's recently are a stark reminder of what we are missing.

Only because Hearts were tin dish. Jody is still playing well, you guys just don't recognise it because familiarity breeds contempt. He is needed in there as a skipper. There is no other alternative at this point in time. The only one who could do the job is Gartland but he was awful on Wednesday.
Haud on fishman naebody said he wasnae playin well

I'm truly fed up by this place. I can't believe that so many clowns on here try to rate a player by one game. Irvine and Craig have been terrific for us since Del became "manager" yet some of the posts over the course of the season have been sheer vitriol. How anyone can say they'd be if Craig isn't in the team is beyond me. Have they seen him at training, do they wtch games, do the have any interaction with other players/coaches. Where do these folk get off?

It's fine to attack such as Sheridan who is clearly not a real football player or McLean who is an actor that dresses up as a goalkeeper; neither player has achieved anything in the game and specifically nothing at Saints, but Craig and Irvine are heroic, decent, committed and frankly they deserve a mch better class of support than we can offer. I'm often ashamed of my fellow fans.

The worst example is the current treatment of Alan Main. I always defended Saints fans (as a collective group) until the night we played the Arabs in the cup. The abuse that Alzo has since endured is disgusting. Smith's performance's recently are a stark reminder of what we are missing.

Did you loose at squash? Has someone slashed your car tyres? Is that piece of ass you've had your eye on now attached?

Cheer up 101! We're back in the SPL, we're scoring bucket loads, the footballs rarely dull, we're in with a chance of getting into the top six (as you said all along :rolleyes:), we're safe in the SPL for another season (as you said all along :rolleyes:) and Derek McInnes is our manager - Derek McInnes!!! Can you believe it!!! Oh wait, oh sorry Gordon, scrap the last one. :wink:

Did you loose at squash? Has someone slashed your car tyres? Is that piece of ass you've had your eye on now attached?

Cheer up 101! We're back in the SPL, we're scoring bucket loads, the footballs rarely dull, we're in with a chance of getting into the top six (as you said all along :rolleyes:), we're safe in the SPL for another season (as you said all along :rolleyes:) and Derek McInnes is our manager - Derek McInnes!!! Can you believe it!!! Oh wait, oh sorry Gordon, scrap the last one. :wink:

And our players, players who have hurt for us, players who have run for us, players who have tackled for us, players who have trained in the snow and ice for us are being slated by fickle fuds on the back of ONE poor game. It really sucks. This country is lacking in morals and decency with cowardice on a massive increase. I wonder how many of these clowns would tell Garts or Craig, to their face that they never wanna see them near our team?

It's ridiculous, cowardly, stupid, depressing and infuriating.

These boys are decent, committed players who are earning a very hum drum wage to be abused by fat knuckle druggers over a short period of time. Let's support them - except for Sheridan and McLean!!!

And our players, players who have hurt for us, players who have run for us, players who have tackled for us, players who have trained in the snow and ice for us are being slated by fickle fuds on the back of ONE poor game. It really sucks. This country is lacking in morals and decency with cowardice on a massive increase. I wonder how many of these clowns would tell Garts or Craig, to their face that they never wanna see them near our team?

It's ridiculous, cowardly, stupid, depressing and infuriating.

These boys are decent, committed players who are earning a very hum drum wage to be abused by fat knuckle druggers over a short period of time. Let's support them - except for Sheridan and McLean!!!

Hoo-rah!

I agree with you 101 but the same can surely be said about Del. You've said yourself he's decent and I'll take your word for it as you seem to have met him plenty more than me. He's committed and I doubt his salary is much bigger than hum drum.

I agree with you 101 but the same can surely be said about Del. You've said yourself he's decent and I'll take your word for it as you seem to have met him plenty more than me. He's committed and I doubt his salary is much bigger than hum drum.

You have a point there. However, you have to look at each case on merit.

When Del was appointed, I was distraught. He was a hopeless player who's inclusion cost us dearly. He immediately dropped himself in favour of Kevin Moon, a telling acknowledgement. I wiped his slate clean and he started from scratch as a manager, no baggage.

Ultimately, I have praised many of his attributes (a balanced perspective) as a manager and as a human being. I would love his salary, but it's far from excessive. Ultimately, his lack of capability in terms of team selection have cost us dear. His operating budget last season was enormous, we bought that league. This year, he's spent even more money and yet still he doesn't get any consistency. He chops and changes the squad, he upsets players by playing them in daft positions, he confuses players with baffling decisons and ultimately he is costing us a lot of points.

I do sometimes feel guilty when assessing him, because I genuinely like him as a man, but he is hurting my club and to my mind has done so for two and a half years. I can't stand silent. It's not a knee jerk, it's not ignorant of previous contribution, it's my honest opinion as a passionate supporter of this club.

In what way? Do you have any comprehension of why you want him dropped? "Freshen him up" is a spin answer which translates as, "I am devoid of any ideas but it's worth a go"
Dropped? Ithink you will find rested is the term not dropped. There is a very big difference. As you quite rightly point out he has a niggling injury that may well benefit a short term rest to prevent a possible longer term absence. Over to you fishy

Dropped? Ithink you will find rested is the term not dropped. There is a very big difference. As you quite rightly point out he has a niggling injury that may well benefit a short term rest to prevent a possible longer term absence. Over to you fishy

So it's nothing to do with freshening him up? It's to allow him to recover from an injury.

I Was speaking to a united fan, and he recon`s they will bring around 4000 fans on saturday for the cup game! i dont know him well enough to know if he`s bull-shitting, but thats a healthy support if he`s not.

I Watched saints on tv, in semi-final and although lots of people on this forum are slating them, i thought they played better than rangers in long spells of the game, although rangers looked more dangerous on the break, saints were unlucky and their passing was outstanding, they deserve a big support on saturday, could it possibly be a sell-out?

Scottish cup is THE cup to win, so lets win this game, and the semi-final blues will be forgotten.

p.s. not liking the maroon strips