Rangers

sjfc.spl.09-10

Any Scottish club going up against a big English club and coming out with a result is worthy of praise, so wise up you bigot!

"Bigot"?????? what's bigoted about my previous opinion. If your happy when any Scottish team plays 1-9-1 to get a result against a big English teams reserve side then that's up to you. Oh, and have a look at the definition of bigot before making accusations. You don't know me.

"Bigot"?????? what's bigoted about my previous opinion. If your happy when any Scottish team plays 1-9-1 to get a result against a big English teams reserve side then that's up to you. Oh, and have a look at the definition of bigot before making accusations. You don't know me.

This "reserve" side cost £96m to assemble

Kuszczak - £2m

Brown - youth system

Ferdinand - £30m

Smalling - £8m

Fabio - undisclosed

Park Ji-Sung - £4m

Fletcher - youth system

Gibson - youth system

Valencia - £16m

Rooney - £30m

Hernandez - £6m

Perhaps something to think about.

Anyone who calls the OF names like **** , orange bastards, feenyins or taygs is everybit as bad as what they are!

Well done Walter and Ally, restored a wee bit of pride to a battered and bruised scottish game.

Fergie should get pelters for the complete lack of respect shown to the Scottish champs though, got what he deserved by putting out the reserves.

Hardly a reserve side! As SAF said after the game, the side that played last night was very close to the side that pumped chelsea in the charity shield.

Every one of those players would walk into any side in Scotland, including the OF.

Full strength **** couldnae beat Rag reserves. Good advert for the Scottish game....... Not!

Do you think getting gubbed 5-0 would have been a good advert for Scottish football?

Rangers played their system excellently, and played some great passing football from defence too, with a wee bit of belief i am sure they could have scored.

All credit to Walter Smith, he is an expert at this type of football.

One point away to Man U in the champions league, a great start for them.

I am pretty sure there are scores of teams who wish they had got that precious point at Old Trafford.

This "reserve" side cost £96m to assemble

Kuszczak - £2m

Brown - youth system

Ferdinand - £30m

Smalling - £8m

Fabio - undisclosed

Park Ji-Sung - £4m

Fletcher - youth system

Gibson - youth system

Valencia - £16m

Rooney - £30m

Hernandez - £6m

Perhaps something to think about.

Anyone who calls the OF names like **** , orange bastards, feenyins or taygs is everybit as bad as what they are!

Looks like Alberts back again.

Many can though and actually see the overall picture where their success just tightens their long term stranglehold on the Scottish game.

The overall picture is mixed - clubs like ourselves need all Scottish teams to do well in order to maintain the 5 places we have in European competition at the moment or, possibly, improve that to 6 (which, ultimately is where we want to be challenging each season). However, as you say, it comes at the cost of Rangers reducing their overdraft and likelihood of going out of business......

So?

Sitting 9 men behind the ball is not that great a reflection either!

I said the bigger picture, long term?

Are you content with our co-efficient dropping year on year? Would you like to see Saints back in Europe?

I know I would........

Man United are one of the biggest (if not the biggest) club in world football. Rangers got a point!! Who cares how they got there. It is how the game is played these days. The negative anti-football display is not representative of scottish football, it is how smaller teams all round the world would apprach the huge gulf in ability

Edited by Mike180279

I said the bigger picture, long term?

Are you content with our co-efficient dropping year on year? Would you like to see Saints back in Europe?

I know I would........

Man United are one of the biggest (if not the biggest) club in world football. Rangers got a point!! Who cares how they got there. It is how the game is played these days. The negative anti-football display is not representative of scottish football, it is how smaller teams all round the world would apprach the huge gulf in ability

pffft, rangers just totally showed up scotland again, mind when they made the uefa cup final, how embarassing :wink:

Hardly a reserve side! As SAF said after the game, the side that played last night was very close to the side that pumped chelsea in the charity shield.

Every one of those players would walk into any side in Scotland, including the OF.

You're absolutely right, there was no way that was a reserve side!

Fergie obviously kept his first choice free from the exertions of drawing 3-3 against Everton in the EPL on Saturday and decided to play the reserves in that game instead :roll:

I really don't understand the comparison that you are trying to make between Man U reserves and SPL sides. Surely you would expect a stronger reserve side in a stronger league?

I would imagine that every Real Madrid reserve could make it into any Northern Irish league side but does that mean that Glentoran drawing 0-0 with Real Madrid reserves in a Champions League game wouldn't be a good result for them and Irish football?

Try taking the Old Firm hating glasses off for a wee while and see that it was a good result for Rangers and Scottish football whether or not it was Man U first team or Man U under 19's.

The record books will only show Man U 0 Rangers 0.

You're absolutely right, there was no way that was a reserve side!

Fergie obviously kept his first choice free from the exertions of drawing 3-3 against Everton in the EPL on Saturday and decided to play the reserves in that game instead :roll:

I really don't understand the comparison that you are trying to make between Man U reserves and SPL sides. Surely you would expect a stronger reserve side in a stronger league?

I would imagine that every Real Madrid reserve could make it into any Northern Irish league side but does that mean that Glentoran drawing 0-0 with Real Madrid reserves in a Champions League game wouldn't be a good result for them and Irish football?

Try taking the Old Firm hating glasses off for a wee while and see that it was a good result for Rangers and Scottish football whether or not it was Man U first team or Man U under 19's.

The record books will only show Man U 0 Rangers 0.

I think you're missing my point!! United are my English team but I like to see all Scottish teams doing well in Europe

I agree it was a good result for Rangers.

United rotate their team regularly, all of those guys bar the keeper will be involved regularly this season.

My point was that while United weren't at full strength (how exactly do you define full strength when they have 20+ fantastic players?), they were still a FAR better side on paper than Rangers.

The United reserve team played Saints earlier this season and ripped us to shreds, none of them were involved against Rangers.

Look at the team that played, most of them are full internationals.

Remember all these Rangers supporters that used to come on "Your Call" and other programmes saying things like "It's not worth us turning upo to Ibrox when these Diddy teams make no attempt to come out their own half, the SPL is a waste of time wi these wee teams, , why should we pay money for this crap".

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: