#12 - 27/10/10 - Saints 2-3 Celtic - League Cup

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only a few of ways this could happen. 1) You work for the same company and connect using the same Internet connection. 2) You live together. 3) One of you is 'spoofing' the others IP address or 4) You are the same person.

Well, I'm afraid there must be another way as I am not 101 Saint and do not live in Scotland.

Well, I'm afraid there must be another way as I am not 101 Saint and do not live in Scotland.

Or of course you are using the same proxy as Mr 101. It unlikely that by having the same ISP you happened to have the same IP address but is possible. Jamie can check by doing a quick whois on your IP addresses to determine the provider!

Or of course you are using the same proxy as Mr 101. It unlikely that by having the same ISP you happened to have the same IP address but is possible. Jamie can check by doing a quick whois on your IP addresses to determine the provider!

Well I hope Jamie does do whatever checks he can to establish I am not 101.

It's a pity they weren't done before a statement like the above was made in public.

Aliases are banned so if I am 101 why was I not shut down rather than wrongly accused in public?

To be fair, several people are listed under some of the IP addresses - but BlueJ and 101 are the only two to appear together on about 8 of them.

I just assumed they were both on virgin or something and had picked up each other's IPs in Perth.

Quite an implication to make in public on an assumption Jamie!

I'm not even on Virgin.

Hopefully all the old regular users coming back and having a good debate again.

Something I've just discovered that is VERY interesting - two posters in this thread, 101 Saint, and BlueJ - who have very similar opinions on many things, also share an IP address. Co-incidence?

I don't think we do share much in common. Blue J wants us to spend money on wankers like Griffiths IIRC. I want us to put up prices and cut the wage budget!

I must admit I was very surprised that he slated Del as I always thought he took a contrary stance to me.

I think we're on Virgin. I can't get on at work. Most of my posts are on the laptop but about 30% are via the mobile which is O2.

Pretty desperate that you think I'm fishing. You might care to do more research within the club to find out whether it's fishing or I genuinely want McInnes and Alec punted. It won't take you long....

We have had good debates in the past. The debates always break down because people get personal with me or lose on a frequent basis. Not my fault that I'm irritating knowledgeable about this club.

Edited by 101 Saint

Nerd alert! Virgin IPs are static (unless you disconnect) so you wouldn't have the same IP as someone else.

Could be some sort of 3G IP for O2 phones.

No they are not static, I am on Virgin and because they are not static cannot direct link to my office PC. Been through this so many times with them and they have offered to gie me a static IP address but at a hefty price of about £200 a year......

Hello there, Celtic fan here. Thought you guys done very well last night - started off shocking and then turned pretty good and if it was SPL probably deserved a draw at least.

We were the opposite, started off well and turned absolute shite. Oh well.

I see there was a lot of talk about tactics, was wondering if I could shamelessly drop my blog here http://tictacticuk.wordpress.com/

It's a site for Celtic tactics really but it is in depth about the Saints performance and may un-confuse some of the guys who thought it was 3-5-2. It wasn't far off but ..... let me know hat you think.

Cheers

Thanks for that, it was a good read.

I thought I was going insane as the BBC showed 3 5 2 but all at the game, ho obviously had a wider view of the game, said 442.

No they are not static, I am on Virgin and because they are not static cannot direct link to my office PC. Been through this so many times with them and they have offered to gie me a static IP address but at a hefty price of about £200 a year......

Ok, they are dynamic but they only change if you get disconnected. (Probably so they can charge for static.)

The likelyhood of two people on this small forum being given the same dynamic IP is low.

That Rudeboy guy must be 101 as well as he claimed the team formation let us down -

"St Johnstone must take great heart from outplaying the Glasgow giants (post-35 minutes onwards) and deserve a lot of respect. But in the end it was a terrible team selection from the outset that undermined their nights effort mixed with disastrous collapse of Celtic as a unit. Other SPL sides will be looking at Celtic and taking notes with interest."

I don't think we do share much in common. Blue J wants us to spend money on wankers like Griffiths IIRC. I want us to put up prices and cut the wage budget!

I must admit I was very surprised that he slated Del as I always thought he took a contrary stance to me.

I think we're on Virgin. I can't get on at work. Most of my posts are on the laptop but about 30% are via the mobile which is O2.

Pretty desperate that you think I'm fishing. You might care to do more research within the club to find out whether it's fishing or I genuinely want McInnes and Alec punted. It won't take you long....

We have had good debates in the past. The debates always break down because people get personal with me or lose on a frequent basis. Not my fault that I'm irritating knowledgeable about this club.

I find this reply very interesting.

1.You seem to suggest that people within the club are aware of your opinions re the manager. This may well be so but your opinions carry no weight with the decision makers hence Del's new contract. GB thinks he is the club's biggest asset incidentally.

2.What are the parameters on which you base the outcome of a debate.?I would argue that it is for others to decide if you have "won or lost" Your use of personal remarks regarding club personnel and fellow forumers is of a similar frequency to most others.

3.All forumers have varying knowledge/interest in St johnstone My knowledge extends back fifty years up to the present day.I may be better informed about some aspects of the club,less so about others but I don't regard it as a competition........perhaps you should reflect on this.