Student ticket prices

One Goran Stanic

Why should I stop whinging? I'm was originally trying to find out if there was any sort of student contingent amongst the saints support who felt the same way as me, then people like you started attacking students. It's clear to see by the embarrassing attendances at Mcd that something needs to be done, I was merely suggesting a possible way to attract a few more fans to games.

Understood.

Prices need to be dropped across the board.

For example, it cost my family of 2 adults and 2 kids £86 to get into Pittodrie last season. That's only the gate price, no food/drink etc included. Ridiculous.:?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of us working families struggle financially. What makes a student a special case? Can nobody answer this pivotal question?

I'm not sure, possibly because most students go to uni straight from school so therefore have had little time to amass savings in order to fund thee degree. Students come from low income working families too, so the financial burden can be even greater upon the family.

Many places offer family discounts anyway, so then we can go on to ask what makes families a special case than say, a young couple who have low incomes and struggle financially?

Understood.

For example, it cost my family of 2 adults and 2 kids £86 to get into Pittodrie last season. That's only the gate price, no food/drink etc included. Ridiculous.:?

Did you misplace your comps? :)

I'm not sure, possibly because most students go to uni straight from school so therefore have had little time to amass savings in order to fund thee degree. Students come from low income working families too, so the financial burden can be even greater upon the family.

Many places offer family discounts anyway, so then we can go on to ask what makes families a special case than say, a young couple who have low incomes and struggle financially?

Going round and round in circles now.

I was a poor student from a poor, single income family. I didn't expect discount as a student then and I don't see why students are a special case now.

I guess nobody can explain why they are, eh?

I was a poor student from a poor, single income family. I didn't expect discount as a student then and I don't see why students are a special case now.

Well how about this, if the discount was available then would you have used it? Would it have benefitted you? Would you have appreciated it? Or would you have the same stance as you have now?

Did you write that song for Queen ?

"I am just a poor student -from a poor familly mama mia mamma mia

Understood.

Yeah that is crazy. Bearing in mind it is Aberdeen as well, it's scandalous. I know people keep saying it but European football is very much cheaper. I'm sure the bundesliga was revolutionised a few years back and it now has the best % of stadiums filled I think.

Well how about this, if the discount was available then would you have used it?

Yes, as I would now if a discount was given to me regarding my current status as a working parent.

Would it have benefitted you?

Yes, as it would now if it was given to me regarding my current status as a working parent.

Would you have appreciated it?

Yes, as I would now if it was given to me regarding my current status as a working parent.

Or would you have the same stance as you have now?

Answered.

Yeah that is crazy. Bearing in mind it is Aberdeen as well, it's scandalous. I know people keep saying it but European football is very much cheaper. I'm sure the bundesliga was revolutionised a few years back and it now has the best % of stadiums filled I think.

I've read that it's only around 10euros for an adult to get into a Bundesliga game.

That's more like it.

Yes, as I would now if a discount was given to me regarding my current status as a working parent.

Yes, as it would now if it was given to me regarding my current status as a working parent.

Yes, as I would now if it was given to me regarding my current status as a working parent.

Answered.

Are you a working parent?

So you are saying that a student discount would have benefitted you and you would have appreciated it and used it as a student? Therefore clearly your issue is not with the the possibilty of offering student discounts, it's that there is no further help for people in similar situations to yourself?

Football is too expensive to watch in Scotland.

I am not a student hater, or an unemployed person hater, or a single parent hater...etc

I just do not see why students should be a special case in point and more deserving of a discounts than other people from other walks of life.

We cut our cloth accordingly. Those that don't are called Dundee FC, Gr£tna FC, Motherwell FC etc...

Not precious at all, just defending myself from being labeled as a lazy, sponging git like many people on here seem to think. As I've said I've worked my arse off the past 3 years so when people imply these things about me of course I'm gonna respond.

That is impressive, I worked hard as well, my qualifications from school meant I got a place on a good course at a good uni and my hard work at uni will hopefully materialise into a good career.

Why should I stop whinging? I'm was originally trying to find out if there was any sort of student contingent amongst the saints support who felt the same way as me, then people like you started attacking students. It's clear to see by the embarrassing attendances at Mcd that something needs to be done, I was merely suggesting a possible way to attract a few more fans to games.

Fair enough, wasn't having a go, the point is that everyone's circumstances are different, I wasn't attacking students in general or you in particular. I just feel that there is no need or justification to make students a special circumstance at McDiarmid park.

I actually think Scottish students studying in Scotland are already heavily subsidised by thet taxpayer as you currently don't have the added burden of tuition fees. How long that will last is anyone's guess but I see a huge backlash when it's revoked (along with free prescriptions) as it ulimately will need to be if full austerity measures are to be invoked.

Football is too expensive to watch in Scotland.

I am not a student hater, or an unemployed person hater, or a single parent hater...etc

I just do not see why students should be a special case in point and more deserving of a discounts than other people from other walks of life.

We cut our cloth accordingly. Those that don't are called Dundee FC, Gr£tna FC, Motherwell FC etc...

But you said that student discounts would have benefitted you when you were a student though? What if your children want to go to uni, would you like them to receive discounts to help lessen your financial burden?

Is there a family gate at Mcd?

Haha I'll assume that last part was tongue in cheek.

Fair enough, wasn't having a go, the point is that everyone's circumstances are different, I wasn't attacking students in general or you in particular. I just feel that there is no need or justification to make students a special circumstance at McDiarmid park.

I actually think Scottish students studying in Scotland are already heavily subsidised by thet taxpayer as you currently don't have the added burden of tuition fees. How long that will last is anyone's guess but I see a huge backlash when it's revoked (along with free prescriptions) as it ulimately will need to be if full austerity measures are to be invoked.

No worries dude!

I just feel that the club could be doing more to encourage as many fans through the gates.

I agree that Scottish students in Scotland do get a lot of help, far more than the English or international students!

But you said that student discounts would have benefitted you when you were a student though? What if your children want to go to uni, would you like them to receive discounts to help lessen your financial burden?

Is there a family gate at Mcd?

Haha I'll assume that last part was tongue in cheek.

Yes. If our kids choose to go to uni I would also welcome a discount gate for myself and my spouse at McDiarmid Park which would enable us to better financially support our kids at uni.:wink:

People do cut their cloth accordingly and that's why there's nobody going!

Whatever your opinion on students and their financial affairs it make sense to offer them incentives to keep them in the habit of going to football matches. Ive no proof but I would imagine between the ages of 15 and 18 we lose more fans than at any other stage of life as they transition from going with parents to going under their own steam.

Student gates and playing for the supporters team kept me in the habit of watching Saints through university and as such I still travel from all over the UK to go games today (paying full price), however I know many many more who left Perth to go to university or get a job and have hardly been back since.

Then you surely didn't do your homework before you decided to become a student. You should've worked 40 hours a week for a few years and saved up enough money to put yourself through school comfortably.

haha good one! The space between school and university is not that much. When I knew I was going to uni I worked part time during school and full time in holidays. the money from that job only got me through first year.

Did you go to uni? Mind you if you did that was probably in the days when they gave out even more money than they do now.