Brechin v St Johnstone - Updates

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

All and all Saints beat a Brechin team that was shocking worse than they were when they played at MCD.

Thought Brechin knocked the ball about very well after they scored and we did not look confident for a good fifteen minutes until we scored again.

Milne ran his socks off but didnt get much of a sniff.

Savo is severely lacking in confidence and it showed at the end when instead of taking the ball on and shooting he passed.Is he carrying an injury ? because he didn't look fully fit.

In all a better performance than the last weeks and as Broggy man said we took our chances today.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with both Broggy and BH there. With the conditions and pitch as bad as they were, we were getting the ball down, passing it and trying a number of different things working to our strengths of Milne's pace and Scotland's touch up top against a rather immobile central defensive pairing of Brechin's.

Stanic failed a fitness test on a knock he picked up in training hence why he was in the portakabin, but Dyer marshalled Chucky King well all game.

Good attacking performance for most of the game, although the 5-10 minutes after their "goal" needs to be looked at as we seem to have a spell like that every time we concede a goal at the moment.

Some negative comments from the Saints fans about this game. I know highlights can be deceiving but from what I saw it looked like we could have scored 10 quite easily. The pitch looked awful but the attacks were nice and varied and Jason Scotland looked at the heart of everything. We missed quite a few sitters though - once Milne finds his shooting boots I think we will be right back on track to mount a wee challenge.

some funny scores today - sunderland lead spurs

Twas great - what a free kick! I was there instead of Brechin and it was nice to see the team play with some fight instead of the recent catastrophes. If we'd played like that in previous weeks against poor teams like Birmingham, Villa and Portsmouth we'd be in a better position than we are now. Spurs are a different proposition, they really are a quality team. All the fight in the world couldn't quite make up for the gulf in class.

Good to see Saints get a decent result. Unfortunately I missed Scotsport this morning again, I've still never managed to see it at the earlier time it has. Wish it would go back to the late afternoon slot.

I'm 37.