When does Jason's suspension start

pezza70

I noticed that in Tuesday's PA, Jason was having a real go at the ref for sending him off - and also that, even more worryingly for me, OC was backing Jason up and saying he wouldn't be disciplined by the club.

Personally, I think Scotland blatantly swung an elbow at an opponent and should be punished for this. If we don't punish players for things like this, we could end up with a real discipline problem further down the line. What do others think of this?

He actually elbowed the guy twice, but only hit the guys shoulder/arm.

It was a blatant red card.

We already have a discipline problem at the club, 2 red cards shown in the first month and over 10(?) yellows already.

I think that there is a slight discipline problem just now. It was a definite red card for Scotland, and he should be made an example of. He cant just elbow other players just because the referee isnt giving him any protection. But surely there should be something done about the Scottish referees as they are just so inconsistent. They book some players but dont book others as was shown in the game against Hamilton and Raith in the last few weeks.

I think it better his manager publically backs the player than do what Connolly did to Rutkiewicz after the was sent off at Falkirk. Ruti denied he intentionally stamped on McBreen and Connolly, despite saying he couldn't see the incident, fined him anyway.

You have to trust your players to be honest, show them some respect.

I'm not saying Coyle should come out and blast Scotland, but he also shouldn't make a point of publicly saying he did nothing wrong and won't be fined, when most of us know there's no doubt about what Scotland did. I don't want to see St Johnstone players behaving like that, and he should be fined for it. If an opponent had carried on in that way against a Saints player there'd be an outcry on here.

It doesn't necessarily means showing disrespect to a player - it should simply be club policy to automatically fine anyone who gets a red, with the club of course reserving the right not to issue the fine if it's obvious that the player was wrongly sent off (which clearly doesn't apply to Scotland).

I'm not saying Coyle should come out and blast Scotland, but he also shouldn't make a point of publicly saying he did nothing wrong and won't be fined, when most of us know there's no doubt about what Scotland did. I don't want to see St Johnstone players behaving like that, and he should be fined for it. If an opponent had carried on in that way against a Saints player there'd be an outcry on here.

If we made an outcry on here abot all the things that happened to Saints players during a game that were not picked up, the bandwidth would go BH!!!

It doesn't necessarily means showing disrespect to a player - it should simply be club policy to automatically fine anyone who gets a red, with the club of course reserving the right not to issue the fine if it's obvious that the player was wrongly sent off (which clearly doesn't apply to Scotland).

I would presume the player sent off would not be paid for the match he misses. The elbow from Jason was more like trying to shrug the defender off and a case of elbow and head in the wrong place a the same time. Intersting that the Elgin boy did not even make a fuss about it.....