bring back bars

Duck_fundee

Not sure of the law but think would not be to bad of an idea. Give punters voucher at turnstilles as you enter two to four they then have to hand them over at the bar when they pay for a drink. Other ideas to get fans back would be to maybe get fans into town handing out leaflets to the public, a sms text messaging service with who we are playing bus details etc.. A smoking section add that on top of a decent team, just a thought. and maybe price our games by grade.

It's illegal to serve alcohol inside a stadium in Scotland too, is it not?

The answer is definitely 'yes', but I never quite understand how people are allowed to drink in hospitality suites - especially when there's no food/meal involved. Or how the Muirton Suite fits into the equation as a 'pub' underneath one of the stands?

The answer is definitely 'yes', but I never quite understand how people are allowed to drink in hospitality suites - especially when there's no food/meal involved. Or how the Muirton Suite fits into the equation as a 'pub' underneath one of the stands?

the equation is money=let them booze

they are allowed because of the strict boozing times.also the muirton suite is supposed i will repeat :lol: supposed to be only for season ticket holders.

No longer the case as far as "stadiums" are concerned but deffinately in the case of football. The SRU have, I believe, a license to sell alchohol during matches. Not sure if tehy can use it for Hearts matches though. I think the hospitality is covered as these are free bars.

No longer the case as far as "stadiums" are concerned but deffinately in the case of football. The SRU have, I believe, a license to sell alchohol during matches. Not sure if tehy can use it for Hearts matches though. I think the hospitality is covered as these are free bars.

That's not true - you can buy a season ticket/membership for the Campbell Suite, and use a cash bar for the best part of 2 hours before each home game. I suppose the fact you have a 'membership' instead of a season ticket, could be construed as making it a private club rather than a public bar? Same for the Muirton and making it "season-ticket holders only"?

The SRU were turned down for their alcohol licence, although they might have applied again since. For rugby games in the last few seasons, they employed a huge marquee on one of the training pitches as a 'beer tent' (and bloody good it was, too!)

That's not true - you can buy a season ticket/membership for the Campbell Suite, and use a cash bar for the best part of 2 hours before each home game. I suppose the fact you have a 'membership' instead of a season ticket, could be construed as making it a private club rather than a public bar? Same for the Muirton and making it "season-ticket holders only"?

The SRU were turned down for their alcohol licence, although they might have applied again since. For rugby games in the last few seasons, they employed a huge marquee on one of the training pitches as a 'beer tent' (and bloody good it was, too!)

There was a problem a few years back and Saints fought it and from memory it was due to the cash bar. Do they not stop selling in these bars something like 30 mins before kick off??

The SRU started selling alchohol at last the babas game.

There was a problem a few years back and Saints fought it and from memory it was due to the cash bar. Do they not stop selling in these bars something like 30 mins before kick off??

In theory that's probably true, but the bars are often open until nearer kickoff time.

The SRU started selling alchohol at last the babas game.

Good to hear that. If nothing else, it might show that a crowd in Scotland can behave itself...

In theory that's probably true, but the bars are often open until nearer kickoff time.

Good to hear that. If nothing else, it might show that a crowd in Scotland can behave itself...

one reason for sugesting the tokens , so people cant get Sh!t faced, you can buy a beer up till kick off and at half time down south.

At Sydney FC home games, the bars stay open half and hour after the game is finished, plenty of the supporters all hang around have a beer and a laugh.

When summertime starts there is usually a bbq going after the game next to the one remaining bar which is a designated later close and that one will stay open sometimes up to 2 hrs after the game.

Bloody brilliant