Specs

Fair Maid

My wife got them and they were, and are, a success. I got them and could not get used to them and went back to single focals. At the time I was working at a desk job and using a PC a lot and found looking from the desk to the PC was just out of focus for me.

They are a good idea if you can use them but they can't be fitted to some frames.

I think it is an individual thing and my be worth asking your optician if varifocals do not work would they change them?

Anybody any experience with varifocals?  Did it take you long to get used to them? Any problems using them whilst driving?  A relative of mine who once had them doesn't recommend them.  So not sure whether to just go for the two pairs - one for long and one for short distance.

Go for them. As stated, can be strange at first when stepping off the kerb and miss-judging it.

As Mogs says, get used to moving your eyeballs and not your head.

Also not a problem when driving unless,...............................................you don't have a valid licence.

Tip. If offered a free second pair, get sunglasses.

I have two pair of varifocals, (as that was part of the offer at the time)  but only ever use the same pair .

When on holiday,  I dig out an old pair of prescription sun glasses (not varifocal)

You live and learn.

Go for them. As stated, can be strange at first when stepping off the kerb and miss-judging it.

Also not a problem when driving unless,...............................................you don't have a valid licence.

I have two pair of varifocals, (as that was part of the offer at the time)  but only ever use the same pair .

When on holiday,  I dig out an old pair of prescription sun glasses (not varifocal)

You live and learn.

I got the varifocal sunglasses, they are a godsend on hol.

You live and learn.

Next time you renew your glasses, get them to put reacalight in them, tints the lens dosent cost a lot either

What's reacalight?

I think I'll give them a try.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  Thanks for your input.

I think it was an attempt at Reactalight, which is the old name for photocromic lenses.

Photochromic lenses being the kind of glasses that're normal glasses until you expose them to sunlight, whereupon they go dark like sunglasses. Quite handy if you have to wear your glasses all the time. A bit shite if you drive a lot, though.

I think it was an attempt at Reactalight, which is the old name for photocromic lenses.

Photochromic lenses being the kind of glasses that're normal glasses until you expose them to sunlight, whereupon they go dark like sunglasses. Quite handy if you have to wear your glasses all the time. A bit shite if you drive a lot, though.

Thanks.