Are Saints the only team in the world

Scobby_SJFC

Never understood this either but it does have its advantages.

I bet you if the club sold the tops at McDiarmid then they sure as hell wouldnt be £27, (cant mind exactly what I paid for them but you get my point.) :D

If you buy it from the club online isnt it about £40.

Asda is the only place that you can buy the strips because it's part of the deal when they bought Muirton.

Don't think it is - otherwise they would have been selling the strips for the best part of 15 years!!!

It was a deal Saints struck a couple of years ago with Xara and Asda that Asda would be the only "official" stockist of club merchandise outside of the club itself. It is very similar to deals struck with Livingston and Raith Rovers at the same time and nothing to do with the sale of Muirton!

Don't think it is - otherwise they would have been selling the strips for the best part of 15 years!!!

It was a deal Saints struck a couple of years ago with Xara and Asda that Asda would be the only "official" stockist of club merchandise outside of the club itself. It is very similar to deals struck with Livingston and Raith Rovers at the same time and nothing to do with the sale of Muirton!

Chops is right, nothing to do with Asda buying and bulldozing Muirton. I don't see why the club can't sell them in the shop with a big sign saying "St Johnstone FC official XARA replica kit sold in association with Asda available on matchdays at McD and all times at Asda, Dunkeld Road". Surely that way everybody wins.

You can buy kit from the club online can you not? It's only if you want to buy it in person that you can't.

To be fair to the club, the Souvenir Shop is, and always has been, just that - a sovenir shop. I haven't been in it this season but I don't imagine it has a facility to pay by debit/credit card on a Saturday before and after the game and I personally don't know anyone who carries £40 or more to a game to purchase merchandise (lager on the other hand...........).

It has worked for years and I don't see what benefit it would be to sell them in the shop before/after games. People know you can buy the kit from Asda, so if exiles want the kit, either make a trip up 15 or 20 minutes earlier and pop in to Asda to buy one or if you know someone in the area, get them to purchase one on your behalf.

edited to add:

As I thought - http://www.saintsdirect.co.uk has adult sizes for £32 plus P&P, kids sizes for £29.

You can buy kit from the club online can you not? It's only if you want to buy it in person that you can't.

To be fair to the club, the Souvenir Shop is, and always has been, just that - a sovenir shop. I haven't been in it this season but I don't imagine it has a facility to pay by debit/credit card on a Saturday before and after the game and I personally don't know anyone who carries £40 or more to a game to purchase merchandise (lager on the other hand...........).

It has worked for years and I don't see what benefit it would be to sell them in the shop before/after games. People know you can buy the kit from Asda, so if exiles want the kit, either make a trip up 15 or 20 minutes earlier and pop in to Asda to buy one or if you know someone in the area, get them to purchase one on your behalf.

Think it more the principle!

What items are streorotyped to football fans? Scarves and the club top, the top you cannot buy at the ground!

I just find it stupid that we dont sell it there!

And Chopper you say there we dont do debit card etc etc, but is that not showing we're pretty backwards in terms of infrastructure?