Chris Kane

jhq

After his displays in the last 3 matches, there is a serious case for Kano being the first striker on the team sheet.  He looks far more able for the first team than during his run last season and undoubtedly makes defenders' lives very difficult.  I don't see Tommy making a habit of playing one up front, so still plenty of opportunities for Macca and Cummins.  Macca for me is still a fantastic player for our level but will benefit from getting more competition and the occasional rest.  Cummins hasn't quite recovered the form he was showing before his injury, but in my opinion will benefit from pre-season.  The other major positive from Kane's emergence is that hopefully we won't see Sutton in a Saints jersey again.  Thoughts?

Agree with all of that, but I wouldn't have Sutton on the same level as Parkin, Iwelumo (Scottish cup winner <3) or the other poor strikers we've had recently. I don't think he suits our style of play but almost feel sorry for him, you can tell there is a player there but it's just not worked out for him. 

Agree with all of that, but I wouldn't have Sutton on the same level as Parkin, Iwelumo (Scottish cup winner <3) or the other poor strikers we've had recently. I don't think he suits our style of play but almost feel sorry for him, you can tell there is a player there but it's just not worked out for him. 

With regards to Sutton, I think there's been a player there, but that's no longer the case.  He's the least mobile player I've seen in a Saints shirt in a long, long time.

With regards to Sutton, I think there's been a player there, but that's no longer the case.  He's the least mobile player I've seen in a Saints shirt in a long, long time.

He has always been slow & immobile & that's why I didn't want him signed but he has decent goal scoring record. I hope he can get a move to a championship side as he has always tried & has looked as if wants to be part of team.