Fans Forum Open Meeting 02.10.23

Templar Saint

The next fans forum meeting will be held on Monday 2nd of October 2023 within the Centenary Suite, McDiarmid Park at 7pm

AGENDA

Opening Statement by Chair - Colin MacKay.

Update from club on:

Hall of Fame Evening

10th Anniversary Celebrations

Discounts from local businesses for Season Ticket Holders.

Season ticket holders bring a friend - what match?

Guest Speaker - Alistair Stevenson - Head of Youth Academy.

Q & A with Alistair.

Foodbank Collections Report 

Muirton Suite away support effect

East Stand seats condition and cleanliness 

Revisit Brick in Wall 

Behaviour of fans partaking of  hospitality.

General Q & A

AOB

Any fan who is unable to attend and has a question please email it to: sjfcfansforum@gmail.com and every effort will be made to include it on the night.

15 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Season ticket holders bring a friend - what match?

I'd half-expected Saturday's Rangers game to be the "bring a friend" match. On the up side it would have boosted the home crowd. On the down side, bringing a friend to a game with that sort of atmosphere would probably put the friend off for life.

I'm really curious to know how they're going to sort out where the friends actually sit. I have season ticket holders all around me, so if I bring a friend they won't be able to sit next to me.

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd half-expected Saturday's Rangers game to be the "bring a friend" match. On the up side it would have boosted the home crowd. On the down side, bringing a friend to a game with that sort of atmosphere would probably put the friend off for life.

I'm really curious to know how they're going to sort out where the friends actually sit. I have season ticket holders all around me, so if I bring a friend they won't be able to sit next to me.

So there is some positives for your friend:razz:

10 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but how about making the "bring a friend" game one of those with less fans?

For example, Livingston or Ross County.

I know they're not the most glamourous of fixtures but it would fix the negativity aspect of certain opposition "supporters".

Also, if it was a game where the Ormond Stand would normally be shut, it could be opened for that purpose, which would get rid of the issue of no seats close by for the friend to use.

You could also offer extra incentives for them, free programme, pie etc. Make a big deal of them and try to win them as regular customers.

Either that, or in these games, people might be willing to move along a bit since there will be plenty of available spaces.

If they genuinely hadn't experienced a game before, it might be better easing them in with this kind of match rather than going straight for a bigger, more aggressive game which could scare them off for good.

No easy answer here, but I always feel it's better do something rather than nothing.

13 hours ago, Gekko said:

Either that, or in these games, people might be willing to move along a bit since there will be plenty of available spaces.

Issue with that is if people just move along a bit they might find themselves in the seat of someone else who doesn't want to move. With no reserved stickers on seats any more (I'm still not sure why that is), and other people buying tickets online, it's difficult to just sit where you like these days. (Plus I'm near the end of a row so if everyone moves up a few seats I could end up having to sit on the stairs 😁 ).

I reckon you're probably right and it will end up being one of the more unattractive fixtures like Livi or Ross County that gets chosen for this. I just wonder, if they went in the other direction and chose a more appealing game (e.g. the next derby against Dundee) it could be a way to get a properly big crowd for that game, with a good atmosphere, which might be more likely to entice some of them back for future games?

P.S. End of last season we'd started giving Ormond Stand seats away to community groups, which seemed like a great idea - has that stopped now?