Transfer news

MUZZ

Never saw a greta deal of McCallum but what I did see ,I was impressed. Good luck to him for a good future.

Thought we may have brought Doris & Dyer back to attempt to build for next season but suppose they are better getting a game than sitting in the stand most weeks like Mooner.

Thought we may have brought Doris & Dyer back to attempt to build for next season but suppose they are better getting a game than sitting in the stand most weeks like Mooner.

Whats happening with Dyer. I'd be very keen for the lad to replace stanic at the moment.

I think he suffers from not being as good as Stanic.

Stanic has come in for a lot of criticism on here this season, but I think most of it is relative to his previous form, whch frankly was the about the best we've ever seen since Sturrock's era. He's admitted he's struggling with injury and we should also recognise that he's not had the same level of support from Sheerin. Indeed, with this daft 433, both Stanic and Irvine really are struggling; scared to commit to a forward run, lacking in forward options/passes and reluctant to give it inside as McManus will hoof it to nobody in particular.

FWIW, dropping Dyer into a 433 will probably not give him a fair chance to prove his ability and if he doesn't succeed he'll be released; that would not be fair on him or the club.

I agree with that but at the same time, this season has I think proved that Stanic won't go on for ever. He makes more mistakes a game than he has done in a season in the past and I think the heavy load of games has taken it's toll a bit.

If Del is building a longer-term side then a new left back is a priority. Stanic is, I think only going to get slower and make more mistakes and that means we need cover and competition for the position. I think Dyer is a good player (though I don't know how he got on at Brechin in much detail) but at some point we have to give him a chance. Remember we were saying the same about Jacko last year.:)

I agree with that but at the same time, this season has I think proved that Stanic won't go on for ever. He makes more mistakes a game than he has done in a season in the past and I think the heavy load of games has taken it's toll a bit.

If Del is building a longer-term side then a new left back is a priority. Stanic is, I think only going to get slower and make more mistakes and that means we need cover and competition for the position. I think Dyer is a good player (though I don't know how he got on at Brechin in much detail) but at some point we have to give him a chance. Remember we were saying the same about Jacko last year.:)

My mate who is a brechin fan and attends the majority of home matches said he was definatley a stand out, despite his slow start. He did, however say he was play at centre back most weeks, which to me seems very odd, given the size of the boy....