Offside

Watty

What a load oh pish this programme is now, Tam Cowan is possibly the most unfunny guy in Scotland now, he was funny for about a year 8/9 years ago.

Unfunny Jokes have me wincing in embarassment. Only passable bit of the show is Jonathon Watson the rest is utter pash.

Actually, for me it's Jonathan Watson that's by far the most cringe-worthy thing on TV! I thought "Only An Excuse" was funny the first couple of times when Tony Roper was involved and it was something original - now it's just the same guy doing exactly the same OF-based bad jokes week in, week out. I feel like yelling at him: "YES, WE GET IT, CHICK YOUNG HAS A FUNNY LAUGH AND PRETENDS TO SUPPORT ST MIRREN!". I noticed from watching it briefly last night that they're not even giving him the budget to dress up any more - he just has to stand there in a suit churning out the same old rotten catchphrases.

I know what you mean, i was thinking the same about Johnathon Watson and his many many stereotypical sectarian jokes.

When is this drivel going to stop appearing on our tele though, and theres also the fat burd with gerbil cheeks who is actually funnier than Cowan, but where did she come fae?

My good license money getting spent on sending her tae feckin Hong Kong tae speak tae some proddies, it's just not on is it.

I rememberwhen I was on Off The Ball one Thursday evening last season as part of their 'stadium announcer' gig, Tam Cowna had all his jokes and lines written down on a clipboard so they aren't even off the cuff remarks!! Not sure how Kev found him when he was in the studio but I was really disappointed.......

Sorry to go on about him but my respect for him also dipped when he thought ripping the pish out of a guy that could hardly speak English (Rudi Vata) was funny. :?

Totally agree Radders, that was just too embarrassing to watch :oops:

The guy thinks he is one of the funniest men around but, in reality, without a script he is nothing and is certainly not a funny man if you bump into him at a match!!

Cowan is just a punter who got a lucky break, i am growing to hate him on the box, on the radio he is slightly less infuriating mainly because you cannae see his pus.

Where did the other fecker Cosgrove disappear tae, he was a forum regular a matter of months ago. He foond someplace else to get his material now :wink:

Cowan was hilarious at the Jeanfield Club a few years back, and at Roddy Grant's benefit gigs... but at Jim Weir's he seemed to have lost it... he's lost the fat, but it's taken his sense of humour away with it.

As for Cossie, I liked him being on here, but I think he probably got a wee bit pissed about comments about him being on here purely for material... I rarely heard him repeat anyone's jokes, and if he did, big deal... it made the site livlier.

Cowan was hilarious at the Jeanfield Club a few years back, and at Roddy Grant's benefit gigs... but at Jim Weir's he seemed to have lost it... he's lost the fat, but it's taken his sense of humour away with it.

As for Cossie, I liked him being on here, but I think he probably got a wee bit pissed about comments about him being on here purely for material... I rarely heard him repeat anyone's jokes, and if he did, big deal... it made the site livlier.

I'm pretty sure someone of Cossie's stature could live with a couple of jibes about where he gets his material from, not think? Whether they were tongue in cheek or not. He's big enough, auld enough and ugly enough tae take it on the chin.

The fact he took me to one side at McDiarmid and punched me maybe tells its own story :lol:

Only kidding, nah he PM'd before his disappearing act to ask if i was being serious with some of my posts about him stealing material etc - after a few PM's it transpires he has to be really careful in what he posts etc due to hiw work etc

Offside has always been truly appaling and cringe-worthy. Tam Cowan is has what you would call a "good face for radio". The patter has always been awful on that show.

Only an Excuse isn't much better, the send-ups of Frank MacAvennie, Chick Young and Tommy Burns are tired, predictable and boring. It used to be quite good but the quality control has definitely faltered.

• 1 month later...

Offside was absolutely terrible last night. Who was that fat guy they had on as a guest? And what was that report about the number thirteen all about? Nothing in the programme was funny at all. It was embarassing to watch, Scotsport SPL was vastly superior last night and that's saying something.

I'm 37.