Prima donnas?

HertsSaintee

I've noticed the term "prima donna" cropping up on a few threads over the past few days being used to describe the attitude of some of the Saints players. Certainly, such an attitude in certain quarters might go some way to explain the last two results. However, is this actually the case, seeing we are St Johnstone and not Real Madrid? Does Martin Hardie really believe he is destined to be the next Zinedine Zidane? Does Gary Irvine wish he had been born with the name Cafu? Does Dan Smith have dreams where he is Roberto Carlos? Could Gavin or even Collin be Zico's secret love child?

Decent players don't become bad overnight, so is this a case of certain egos believing their own hype and being caught short, or are there other reasons that might explain why we've seemingly lost the plot?

Discuss.

I dunno - We seemed to be building good 'team' performances towards the end of last season but since the first competetive ball was kicked this year all sense of direction appears to have been lost. Perhaps, therefore, we shouldn't be talking about 'Prima-Donnas' but - should be looking for another reason. I personally am, once again, concerned, that fitness levels appear to have bottomed out with reports of a good few players carrying weight. This could account for the apparent slowness to the ball, failure to back-up team mates, lack of backtracking, no players finding space therefore not available for passes, and ultimately giving the impression that they are just strutting about with a general lack of interest in the game waiting for it all to happen. Maybe they're just knackered.

It was something taht we were discussing yesterday I think most of us would be surprised to hear that there were only 6 of tand hat side out yesterday So in effect we are again going through a rebuilding period.

I would agree with that to a certain extent but, for me, McInnes's first choice 11 wouldn't be that different from the Rangers game. (James for McManus/Millar for Peaso and Who knows for Stanic)

I think McInnes has now brought a squad of players who feel like they should play every week (a good thing!!) but forgot about finding a system to play and maybe assumed that everything would fall into place. I would call that inexperience rather than bad management.