Worldnet 2009 - Updated 23/07

Spew

I emailed him earlier today about where we could donate the old away tops to. I mentioned we were hoping to get a wee bit of publicity out of it so will see what he says. Original plan was to try and get it done before we go away so there's a bit more of a story to it.

What happened to this strip, ball and hospitality package? I don't remember anything about them at the time.

Folk bid for them and took them home!! In the case of the strip and the ball anyway.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk bid for them and took them home!! In the case of the strip and the ball anyway.

Nah, don't remember that. Lies.

For the guys who're playing in Scotland game I've emailed Homer but not heard anything yet.

Drivers wanted!

We need one more person to drive to worldnet! I'm driving and so is Beej. Nips will if he can buy a car before then, but incase he doesn't get sorted we need another volunteer.

Plan at the moment is to leave Perth about 9am on Friday 24th.

I'd rather not drive upto Perth first so if someone wants to drive to Glasgow and leave their car at mine that'd be a big help. There's parking spaces at my flat and there well off the raod, it's a newish estate thing. Dennistoun Village, to give it's proper title?! There's sometimes a security guard roaming about at night. It's near the M8 so easy to find too.

So we need a volunteer to drive to Glasgow and one more to drive to Leeds.

Anyone who stills owes money make sue you have it before we leave! List of who's paid what in first post on this thread.

Edited by Spew

Homer says he'll be in touch with folk tomorrow.

Nick has agreed to drive from Perthj to Glasgow so saves me heading to Perth first. Still need another volunteer to drive to Leeds though.....

Edited by Spew

Has everybody paid yet?

I have £100 worth of beer and lager left over from a do we had they other week. Desperate to get rid of it so does anybody want to buy some? £3.00 for 4 cans of either stella, fosters, bulmers pear, bulmers apple, john smiths or guinesss.

Has everybody paid yet?

I have £100 worth of beer and lager left over from a do we had they other week. Desperate to get rid of it so does anybody want to buy some? £3.00 for 4 cans of either stella, fosters, bulmers pear, bulmers apple, john smiths or guinesss.

Leave the smuggling to the pirates.

Just a reminder, some of the better pubs and clubs of Leeds can be quite strict on dress. I'd assume no trainers or ripped jeans for starters.

Is the Baha beach club on the agenda?

Be sure to top up your mobile if it is......

how much we all putting into the fuel money?

Think it was around £15 a head last time, but fuel was probably a bit cheaper back then! We can sort it out over the weekend.

Those leaving from Perth, meet at Tesco READY TO LEAVE AT 9AM! This should give us plenty time to get to Spew's hoose for Nick to dump his car before setting off in time for the Scotland v England game.

Anyone got a cool bag for stashing beers so they're not warm for watching the game on the Friday night?!

I'll try and work out fuel money and post it later. Sure I have anote of how much the club were able to put in towards it. Unlikely I'll have time to sort that out before hand though.

I've got a few emails with info about the tournament that I'll post later on today along with directions to mine and to Boddington Halls.

Best to bring them anyway I suppose.

I take it the guys playing in the international are sorted for their kit. You need to provide some sort of Scotland home top, white shorts and navy socks. I have a couple of Scotland tops I can take if needs be.

Travel

I've emailed Beej, Nips and Nick directions to mine.

I've printed out the parking permits so someone remind me to bring in the morning! I printed out the directions from the worldnet site but they take us through the city centre from the south. Seems a bit pointless and AA route planner seems to be M6 then A65 pretty much all the way to Leeds, Boddington Hall is north of the ring road.

£15 each for petrol should be enough. I reckon my car gets about 200 miles on £20 quids worth.

Everyone meet at Tesco Ready to leave at 9am except for me and Pink, who is joining us there.

Edited by Spew

Money

A few folk still owe some money. Please check the first post on this thread. Everyone should have paid £70 before we leave tomorrow.

Whoever has the note pad and float can they please bring it, cheers.

Beer

I have a cool bag!

Kit

Nips is bringing the new strips but will be selling new socks and shorts at a fiver for both. If you are tight then take your own.

Edited by Spew