Glasgow Saints

Dev

I've set this forum up to gauge interest on here in a Glasgow Saints supporters group. The Edinburgh Saints have had great success and there appears to be no reason for that not to be emulated in the west.

There was previously a West of Scotland Saints Supporters Club (WOSSSC) but that appears to have fallen by the wayside at some stage. Although I've called this section "Glasgow Saints", the intention is to encompass all of the outlying areas in the Weegie Triangle.

If you are interested in this group then leave a message on this thread so we can see how many people we have.

GasCycl.jpg

Ive tried to drum up numbers before, so its nice to see that we have a small section

Personally am from Wishaw, North Lanarkshire, so I would be fine for Motherwell and Hamiltonm games next season

But for the likes of Falkirk, Edinburgh Aberdeen for example id be interested

plus the getting a flag would be good as emptyheed said

From numbers last time there were around 10-14 seriously interested in getting a club together, and around 8-10 ho were half interested/could only make some games

There are around 5 in Wishaw alone

Hope some of the above helps

I'd be up for meeting up/ travelling to games.

As has been mentioned in the past a couple of us in the west play for PSJ the supporters team, so usually we're playing before Saints do. (more players always welcome...)

I'd be up for sharing lifts when PSJ aren't playing or for midweek or early sat/ sun games.

Good to see you lads have finally got a wee link for yersel. We've had a great success with Edinburgh Saints and Im sure you'll have the same in Glasgow.

One thing you will need is to find a bar in the city centre as an easy meeting point and base for travelling. It's also a good excuse to meet up during close season for a catch up and bevy like we did on Friday.

We're getting our flag done at http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/ Its quite cheap and you can design it exactly as you want before ordering.

Aw the best fae Edinburgh Saints.

One thing you will need is to find a bar in the city centre as an easy meeting point and base for travelling. It's also a good excuse to meet up during close season for a catch up and bevy like we did on Friday.

Can I suggest Firewater for this purpose :)

Good to see you lads have finally got a wee link for yersel. We've had a great success with Edinburgh Saints and Im sure you'll have the same in Glasgow.

We're getting our flag done at http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/ Its quite cheap and you can design it exactly as you want before ordering.

Aw the best fae Edinburgh Saints.

Good luck - see you all in Auld Reekie for our 'home' games

I hear there are a few Saints fans and potential saints fans at the various Glasgow Universities.

Definitely will be; think there must potentially be at least as many as in Edinburgh and they have had great success getting group together.

Good call - Firewater 22nd at 1130?

Think the best bet is to let this evolve slowly. If anybody is heading anywhere with a space in the car then get on here and see if we can fill it.

Decent shout indeed Christopher. Not sure if Last Night by the Strokes will be seamlessly mixed into Dreaming of You by the Coral at that time of day but can check it out.

I'm Glasgow based too, and have spent the last couple of seasons usually traveling alone to games. I'd definitely be keen for meeting up/traveling to games. Firewater is a a good shout for a meeting place.

Adding to what SS says, there are definitely a few Saints fans around the various unis and colleges, and that's also an avenue that's worth exploring. I know that Aberdeen and Celtic supporters (and I'm sure Rangers also) have dedicated societies within Glasgow Uni, who even get funding, so that's something worth looking into.

If any other folk at Glasgow Uni are keen to explore this / meet up at some point drop me a PM.

Edited by Calloway 262
spelling..

How about we get as many posters as we can to state if they are from the glasgow area, then we could get a rough idea on numbers

That's what I said in the original post but there hasn't been a great response thus far!

If you are interested in this group then leave a message on this thread so we can see how many people we have.

I know of another two who don't post on hear, 1 more possibly, don't know if he's on WAP. 1 of those three is planning going to go to the Celtic game with me.

If everyone's in the same boat certainly a few more who could be brought along. As Pink said we should let it evolve. There could be quite a few that might be up for lift sharing so once it gets off the ground I reckon a few more not on WAP might get involved.

Get them all to Firewater!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...