Vennels

Fair Maid

Soulful, Perthshire school records for the period 1870–1900 have recently been put online, any names you want looked up? It also has details of any before and after school jobs the kids had. Very interesting, some were working 30 hours a week at age 11 delivering milk, papers, etc as well as school.

I did that. :) I worked pre-school as a message boy for Letham butchers, after school as a message boy for the Co-op, Saturady all day for Tescos in South Street (Jonesy was manager) and Sunday all day for the City Mills Hotel, and in-between I was at school or playing football or subbuteo. Self reliance - the Scottish way .......... once. It seems to be all Public Sector now and less enterprise.

Vennels have been in Scotland since the 8th century and have always had living and commercial premises along them.

Makes you think how lucky kids are these days...my own kid...works hard for me...always got something for him to do...keeps him out of mischief..learns how to cope on his own etc.. Was even told by the courts to ease up on him in that respect...told them no...they said yes you will..i said no...arbeit macht freit

now watching regional news on t.v....its about a village called vennels...its near AIX EN PROVENCE..beautiful typique provencal style architecteur...loads of wee lanes closes vennels alleys.or whatever there called...if vennels is near aix en provence...where is 'close' near?

Andy, that was posted over tne front gate of Bergen-Belson.

WTF are you thinking?

Smudge

not condoning the nazi regime...just motivating my son to grafft...the above said sign was stolen last month..it was in copper!...the reason the travellers are seldom mentioned during the holocaust..is travellers did not have rich american lobbyistes to forward their greivence! no offence intended smudge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
not condoning the nazi regime...just motivating my son to grafft...the above said sign was stolen last month..it was in copper!...the reason the travellers are seldom mentioned during the holocaust..is travellers did not have rich american lobbyistes to forward their greivence! No offence intended smudge

yeah and i hope it was some traveler that stole it..melt it down in hot furnace..sell it..pay back a little of the prejudice that the travelling community surffered during ww2+before..and after..its still going on..when are people going to learn?