Derek McInnes Appreciation Thread

CynicalSaintee

Excellent and astute manager. Sure he's made mistakes, but so feck. He's still lead us to SPL safety with 5 games remaining. And after some landmark results it staggered me there is any sane person that cannot appreciate what an excellent manager he is.

Thank you del, only in our support would you find detractors after all you have achieved. We're no all like that. 95% of is recognise your qualities and what you have managed to do through your formative managerial years.

One more year at least please.

McInnes is a good gaffer for Saints. However, I understand what 101 dislikes about him as sometimes he makes awful mistakes and its frustrating when this is recognized! He is a bit inconsistent, sometimes he gets it spot on and we play superb. Other times he gets it drastically wrong and we lose silly points. However, I don't think any other manager could have got us this far and Del's done superb, as has the Doc. I also think that as Del gains more experience, he'll become more consistent and if he stays, we will progress as a club as Del progresses as a manager.

Well said "Top Cat", never a tru"er word said. I think in the short time Saints have had him, he has become quite an established gaffa. Just think, he is one of those gaffa,s everyone will want, ....."SHIT"

Excellent and astute manager. Sure he's made mistakes, but so feck. He's still lead us to SPL safety with 5 games remaining. And after some landmark results it staggered me there is any sane person that cannot appreciate what an excellent manager he is.

Thank you del, only in our support would you find detractors after all you have achieved. We're no all like that. 95% of is recognise your qualities and what you have managed to do through your formative managerial years.

One more year at least please.

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=11903&highlight=gaffer

less than 1% dissatisfied

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't think this deserved its own thread but with Coventry having sacked Coleman today, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved for McInnes.

The point for my post is this; we all (in fact, most of us) know Del is destined for greater things, but what constitutes greater things? I recall near this time last year he didn't want the West Brom job, obviously a much bigger job than than Coventry City. However, the circumstances were different back then; Del had a hell of a lot to prove that our championship season wasn't a fluke, and IMO he has done that and more, thus he'll now be able to justify moving on.

Del may say he is looking to build on what we have begun, but how far can he realistically take us? At this rate of improvement, I would say european football would be achieveable over 2/3 years, but football doesn't work like that. Next year could be a huge struggle once we are no longer the new boys, and teams have sussed us out. Also it's only a matter of time before our top players are being nouted for moves. I'm rambling now......

So....is a job like Coventry City 'below' Del, and if so what kind of job would have to arise to take Del and Doc away; rangers, top championship, or premiership?

In fairness and with no disrespect to Derek McInnes, he came out and stated he wasn't going to West Brom when it became clear he wasn't in the frame for it following an initial period of silence.

He wasn't ready for that step-up last year and whilst he'd be better placed now, I think he'd greatly benefit from another successful year in Perth.

I think we'll do well to retain him over the summer as he's obviously going to attract other club's attentions.

Edited by O'Rourke