Split from Del appreciation thread

101 Saint

In a Del appreciation thread, if someone, the same person as usual, is the only one being a d***, remove the comment.

If you'd rather everyone just ignore it then do something about it, you're the admin/owner.

Appreciate you can't babysit the forum, but if you're going to split a thread because 101 sidetracked it, then you should be splitting up pretty much every thread.

You can't expect people not to be noised up by the Stephen Hawkins of Abertay University/Perth Hydro.

Listen up, bright spark; I wasn't the first critic. You will notice that this thread starts with a question from Saintee4life. His question arose from a criticism offered by another forumer. Lot's of folk (not many on here) are unimpressed by Del. A reasonable minority were appalled by him following the Hampden debacle. He is not a rookie manager any longer.

As for your questions of Beatson, that's for him to answer, but I do know that he relishes a debate. Such a shame that the experts of WAP resort to insults and childish quips because they are generally not bright enough to debate my points. The majority of you guys are a sad reflection of the intellect of Saints fans.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sticking to this year only:

Liam on the right wing

Signing Connolly

Refusing to play May

4-5-1 all the fecking time against the Old Firm... except for once....

The cup semi!

Failure to treat Swankie and Fil with an even hand

Continually playing Murray and Jody when not fit

Failure to sign a good goalie in the summer

Failure to secure a good goalie in January

Failure to allow Peanut and Irvine to go on loan as per their requests

Restoring Dinky to the first team

Hanging onto McLean!

I'll agree with you on all the above points but overall he's done okay. But the biggest let down was the semi final. Still pisses me off when I think about it. As much as i've enjoyed so many games with Saints (especially this season) that game is right up there with any let down i've witnessed following Saints.

I'll agree with you on all the above points but overall he's done okay. But the biggest let down was the semi final. Still pisses me off when I think about it. As much as i've enjoyed so many games with Saints (especially this season) that game is right up there with any let down i've witnessed following Saints.
Side by Side with the challenge cup game against Stranraer!!!

Still no defence of my criticisms. Gosh, what a surprise.

What's the point? The only defence you really need is facts. League placing and results in our first season back in the spl is evidence enough for the reasonable saints fans. It's the clowns with delusions of grandeur who seem to have misplaced memories of the last seven years campaigns.

What we have achieved is admirable and an improvement on the last seven years worth of rubbish. Del has punched above his weight for being a rookie boss and deserves credit, not an egomaniacs flawed critique.

You can't argue with facts. Yet you continue to whilst belittling anyone with an alternative opinion. That's your perogative and fair enough. But you can't get all biscuit arsed when someone says something that doesn't meet your own expectations. That just makes you look foolish, particulary when they have shown you respect.

What's the point? The only defence you really need is facts. League placing and results in our first season back in the spl is evidence enough for the reasonable saints fans. It's the clowns with delusions of grandeur who seem to have misplaced memories of the last seven years campaigns.

“I can tell you right now there is genuine disappointment that we have not reached the top six,” he said.

“I believe that having watched a lot of games, simply because I have not been fit, we are a worthy top six team.

You can't argue with facts. Yet you continue to whilst belittling anyone with an alternative opinion. That's your perogative and fair enough. But you can't get all biscuit arsed when someone says something that doesn't meet your own expectations. That just makes you look foolish, particulary when they have shown you respect.

The fact is that we are not top six. Del's fault pure and simple.

Edited by 101 Saint

The fact is that we are not top six. Del's fault pure and simple.

This is our first year back in the SPL after 7 years of lower league football. For any team in our situation at the start of the season, 11th is acceptable. We are 7th, mathematically safe from relegation. Those are the facts.

This is our first year back in the SPL after 7 years of lower league football. For any team in our situation at the start of the season, 11th is acceptable. We are 7th, mathematically safe from relegation. Those are the facts.

What is our situation?

We have a top six squad my opinion at the start of the season and verified by our players and our games against such as Utd, Hibs, M'Well and Hearts. We have lot's of money, incredible stability, reasonable training facilities, terrific medical facilities in Leicestershire and a board prepared to sign players deep into the season.

What is our situation?

First year back...

We have a top six squad my opinion at the start of the season and verified by our players and our games against such as Utd, Hibs, M'Well and Hearts.

Despite that, in any clubs first season (back) in the top league (or any higher league) survival should be the main aim. Some exceptions of course, like gr£tna buying the leagues.

We have lot's of money,

Debatable. Does any Scottish club have lots of money? As far as I know, we are not in debt. I believe there is a big difference.

incredible stability, reasonable training facilities, terrific medical facilities in Leicestershire and a board prepared to sign players deep into the season

Which all contributes to our consolidating this season, establishing as an SPL club, and looking to improve next year.

First year back...

Totally irrelevant. I don't understand why that's a hinderance. We should have had an element of surprise.

Despite that, in any clubs first season (back) in the top league (or any higher league) survival should be the main aim. Some exceptions of course, like gr£tna buying the leagues.

Why should survival have been our main aim. We have a top six squad. That's taking a sledg-hammer to crack a nut.

Debatable. Does any Scottish club have lots of money? As far as I know, we are not in debt. I believe there is a big difference.

What's debatable about it???

Which all contributes to our consolidating this season, establishing as an SPL club, and looking to improve next year.

So they only come into play next year? We had them this season! We failed this season. That's why the players are disappointed.

None of these things are hindsight. I'm probably on record on this forum stating my oppostion to most of them in advance of them happening.

Are you still here?

You do realise that your statement makes no sense?

"Vote 101: He knew better (before it happened)". Nah. About as much chance of that as the Tories being credible in Scotland.

Totally irrelevant. I don't understand why that's a hinderance. We should have had an element of surprise.

As a standard fan, I would have accepted 11th at the start of the season. Obviously you put a lot more of your time into following St Johnstone than I do. (Watching training, u19s etc.)

Why should survival have been our main aim. We have a top six squad. That's taking a sledg-hammer to crack a nut.

I think im going to end up going round in circles here. I believe that in our first season back, avoiding relegation is success. You apparently see it differently, fair enough.

What's debatable about it???

Whether we do or don't have lots of money.

So they only come into play next year? We had them this season! We failed this season. That's why the players are disappointed.

No, like I said earlier, you spend more time with Saints than I do, so are probably in a better position to judge. Whether your clouded judgement of Derek McInnes gets in the way of our achievement (or failure) this season, only you can decide.

As a standard fan, I would have accepted 11th at the start of the season. Obviously you put a lot more of your time into following St Johnstone than I do. (Watching training, u19s etc.)

But Geoff stated very publicly that he wouldn't be happy with 11th. Del as good as said it in public.

Whether we do or don't have lots of money.

Are you aware of the figure?

No, like I said earlier, you spend more time with Saints than I do, so are probably in a better position to judge. Whether your clouded judgement of Derek McInnes gets in the way of our achievement (or failure) this season, only you can decide.

I don't have a clouded judgement of Del. I love him as person and as a coach and as a representative of our club. I hate his selections and tactics.

But Geoff stated very publicly that he wouldn't be happy with 11th. Del as good as said it in public.

I must have missed that.

Are you aware of the figure?

No.

I don't have a clouded judgement of Del. I love him as person and as a coach and as a representative of our club. I hate his selections and tactics.

You hide it well then. After every defeat, its his fault, after every victory, its despite him being shit.

You hide it well then. After every defeat, its his fault, after every victory, its despite him being shit.

Yes but that's my matchday assessment of his teams with the obvious exception of the Hibs cup game when he got it right.

I'll try and get the cash figure for you.

Yes but that's my matchday assessment of his teams with the obvious exception of the Hibs cup game when he got it right.

So in the whole of this season, he has got the tactics right once?

I'll try and get the cash figure for you.

Dont go to any effort for me, im not particularly bothered. I just doubted that we were loaded as a club.

Might continue this some other time, but im leaving you just now. Goodbye.

After every defeat, its his fault, after every victory, its despite him being shit.

Summed up 101's opinions of Del perfectly.

I'm sick of reading this repetitive, negative, vindictive nonsense.

Since the mods won't ban 101, who IMO is ruining most of the enjoyment of visiting this site, i'm now blocking his posts; after trying my best not to.