Sunday 17TH October-Red Stars Aberdeen@Home

A change of fixture sees us playing our second game against Red Stars baagrade the Glasgow based Aberdeen supporters team.We did well to draw with them in Glasgow and look to build on that result.lAs per all games looking for a squad of 16.

Ormonds after for hospitality and as usual and all players are expected to attend, at least till after the food and prize draw ect

Meet at Ormonds 12.45pm

Who's in?

Aye: - Gav M,Fernie, McEwan,Dale,Paul L,Mark ,Eric,Steve Laing,Andy, Nory, Dave,Steve Taylor,Stuart,Kaylor

Maybe: - Jarvie,Neil,

Naw: -Ronnie,Rory,Steve Mcphee,Dave McDonald,Paul Anderson,Elvis

Not heard from:-Grant,

Cars:-

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

100x better than previous weeks. Taking the result out of the equation completely for now, I think the same level of work rate and desire to get something out of the game alongside helping each other out and a bit of motivational talking is something that has been missing since probably the game we faced them away from home. Not one player I could have a go at for not pulling their weight, cracking. As far as the game went, I've played enough games for Ormonds to know how things pan out when we go 1 or 2 down when we have been playing well, the heads drop and the performance goes with it so to come back from behind twice shows that it doesn't need to be that way.

There's absolutely no reason why that kind of graft can't continue and is frustrating the last few games it hasn't been there as it shows how much of a difference it makes. I think the tactic worked well today and we have pretty much sorted out our strongest back four now in front of the inform willy.

Their a much improved side to the last time we played them and can take real heart our of the draw.

Quite enjoyed that today, despite playing somewhere alien. Lost my man a few times which was frustrating but quite happy to play there again. Still learning the position though so there may be a few f*** ups in future games until I adjust (if the plan is to play me there again) I think it's safe to say Cal should be first pick at left midfield anyway.

Overall, a cracking effort and we were unlucky to only get a point IMO. There were times when they were in the ascendency but we didn't cave, soaked it up and came back fighting.

From my point of view it was a pretty nervous day, having been handed responsibility for the starting line - up and tactics today.

Playing Nory at left back was a big risk - as far as he was untested there - but i saw something in the last couple of games he was at Left Midfield to suggest he could do a job there and i was really pleased he put in a solid shift.

Anyway, onto the game itself and i think we did really well throughout, even when they had spells of pressure we stood firm and even their opener was a goal we could have done little about, and not down to any real errors, which was pleasing.

When they again took the lead i feared the worst a wee bit, but thankfully we kept plugging away and with 3 or 4 minutes to go got the equaliser i feel we deserved.

And to echo what Cal and Nory said, the work rate and 'desire' was there for all to see and should stand us in good stead for next week.

Fantastic draw lads, and a great performance, with no bickering when we went behind as has been stated.I honestly believe that we are not that far away from being able to do this ,and better on a regular basis.Thought the game it's self was played in the right spirit and the Red Stars team are a good bunch of lads.thanks to Craig today for making it possible for me to get to Guildtown in time for kick-Off .Also a thank you and well done to young Gav for his hard work and effort today and much of the credit for the result must go to him.

I don't recall playing the Barcelona team described in that match report. :)

I don't think we get enough credit there tbh, Dales two march winning opportunities at the end seem to be oddly absent.

To be expected I suppose.

Edited by No17