A Successful Season

SaintDougie

I know that this has been said elsewhere but I feel with the amount of negativity floating around this deserves a thread of its own.

Yes, the post-split games were far from enjoyable but so what. We finished in the top six! This was always the target, albeit a very ambitious one considering where we finished the past two seasons, but we still did it!

Look at the likes of St Mirren, a well-established SPL club that have been around these parts a lot longer than us, and yet they have never managed to do what we have done in only our third season back up.

So for all those that think "Lomas must go" etc... Please bear in mind that we have had a wonderful season with some great memories that I for one will treasure for years to come. Just think back to Winning at Parkhead, The Sandaza last minute winner against Hibs in the 2-3 game, The great day we all had out at Tynecastle in the 1-2 game. I could go on and on about great memories and performances from this season.

So let’s use this thread to share our best memories from this season, whether it be an away day, to watching a game in a boozer surrounded by the opposition fans and winning.

To start here is Sandaza's take on the season........

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/22758/everyone-makes-mistakes-fran-sandaza-appeals-for-clemency-after-st-johnstone-s-poor-end-to-season.html

''I also want to thank the club and the supporters.

''I will always love the club and who knows, maybe I will come back one day. Never say never.

''This has been my best season in first-team football.''

correct a very successful season even more so if we manage europe albeit by the back door due to hearts.after the split was well dissapointing and took the gloss off a wee bit.a draw at ibrox and a win ,a feckin win dudes at parkheid dont forget that were highlights.

In predictions at the start of the season I thought top six and we did it. The last five games and more were massively disappointing with a few gubbings with Motherwell and Dundee United giving us two each. Also the end of season doubts about our player squad is a bit unknown, well maybe similar to John Connolly's predicament. The manager's affection for Rangers is maybe more than just income related. Thanks to Hearts we might get into Europe and that would be a successful season. We would start that in mid July and so we might not have a squad to play anybody. Difficult.