Come On Steve! You've Got My Support!

Pablo

In the essence of balance on topics for discussion, I would like to offer my full support of Steve Lomas.

Normally I would be the first to call for his head, God knows I've been on the verge of doing it on several occasions in the last few weeks. But, as a Saints fan who goes to all the games home and away, today, and a couple of weeks ago at Motherwell, I have seen enough to know that we are going in the right direction. All we need now is a bit of patience and calm support of the regime rather than rushing to find an excuse to get the guy out of the door as quickly as possible.

I think the players he has brought in are, generally, very good players. Vine today was excellent (even though he still looks short of match fitness) and I am genuinely excited about watching Beattie.

Yes he has made some silly tactical errors but at the end of the day, this is is first senior management role and we can't expect him to get every decision right.

I am as passionate as the next Saintee but I really think we need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Today, and against Motherwell, we were extremely good for the majority of the game. On another day, we would have put 4 or 5 away, but that's the way things go in football sometimes.

Please be patient...

In the essence of balance on topics for discussion, I would like to offer my full support of Steve Lomas.

Normally I would be the first to call for his head, God knows I've been on the verge of doing it on several occasions in the last few weeks. But, as a Saints fan who goes to all the games home and away, today, and a couple of weeks ago at Motherwell, I have seen enough to know that we are going in the right direction. All we need now is a bit of patience and calm support of the regime rather than rushing to find an excuse to get the guy out of the door as quickly as possible.

I think the players he has brought in are, generally, very good players. Vine today was excellent (even though he still looks short of match fitness) and I am genuinely excited about watching Beattie.

Yes he has made some silly tactical errors but at the end of the day, this is is first senior management role and we can't expect him to get every decision right.

I am as passionate as the next Saintee but I really think we need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Today, and against Motherwell, we were extremely good for the majority of the game. On another day, we would have put 4 or 5 away, but that's the way things go in football sometimes.

Please be patient...

I have a question for you Pablo. Should we lose the next three, ( Dundee utd (h), Celtic(h), Ross County (a)) and I am not saying we will but if we do, would the manager still have your full support? If so, how long would you give him??

Ghostie that's a fair point. I'm not delusional to think we can go on forever without picking up points, but I think it would help the manager and the players if we could get off their backs for the next few games.

I think we can genuinely get something from the games coming up. Knowing Saints we'll probably win at Parkheid and lose the other two!!!

I just think it's a little premature to be gunning for the guy, and that we should let the new boys settle in. It's not like they played awful stuff today!

You know, I'd like to praise you for your optimism. In general I would never get hysterical and call for a sacking too soon. But unfortunately this season is far too important to gamble on anymore. I'm afraid there is more than enough evidence for a sacking to be justified.

Honestly now, if he was sacked tomorrow would you be genuinely surprised and disappointed?

You know, I'd like to praise you for your optimism. In general I would never get hysterical and call for a sacking too soon. But unfortunately this season is far too important to gamble on anymore. I'm afraid there is more than enough evidence for a sacking to be justified.

Honestly now, if he was sacked tomorrow would you be genuinely surprised and disappointed?

Surprised no. Disappointed, yes.

I would normally be the first in line to call for his head, but as Saintees, we've seen it all before. It rarely gets us any further forward and then we have the question of who to bring in. Let's stick with the current gaffer and give him our support to get him through this bad spell...

Ghostie that's a fair point. I'm not delusional to think we can go on forever without picking up points, but I think it would help the manager and the players if we could get off their backs for the next few games.

I think we can genuinely get something from the games coming up. Knowing Saints we'll probably win at Parkheid and lose the other two!!!

I just think it's a little premature to be gunning for the guy, and that we should let the new boys settle in. It's not like they played awful stuff today!

Pablo as a die hard Saintee that go's to every game home/away i'd love to see you standing outside Parkheid while the game kicks off in Perth..... :?

Game against Celtic is at McD Pablo..

Also, I thought the fans DID get off the manager and players back today. Compared to last week, I hardly heard a single shout for Lomas to go and the it wa sthe same for the players.

The Saints support were right behind the team today but sadly we wer let down again. :cry:

Surprised no. Disappointed, yes.

I would normally be the first in line to call for his head, but as Saintees, we've seen it all before. It rarely gets us any further forward and then we have the question of who to bring in. Let's stick with the current gaffer and give him our support to get him through this bad spell...

The thing is, and maybe I'm being unfair because I'm genuinely worried, but he doesn't have much of a likeabilty factor. I don't see passion and drive. I see him as whiny and feeling sorry for himself.

Taxi for Lomas , Dave Ferg and Pablo...

Never more, with the current demise of the team from the Govan to the 3rd division, have strong fiscal and strategic leadership policies been needed across all fronts.

Our current manager is both causing the team to underperform, singlehandedly, as well as providing other distractions.

He needs to go and we need to move on.

If all the bullshit loyalty some fans are portraying towards Lomas was extended to the way their very own employers were willing to operate they wouldnt have an empoyer far less a job!

Game against Celtic is at McD Pablo..

Also, I thought the fans DID get off the manager and players back today. Compared to last week, I hardly heard a single shout for Lomas to go and the it wa sthe same for the players.

The Saints support were right behind the team today but sadly we wer let down again. :cry:

The fans were great today - the majority waiting til the end and clapping the players off the park which was superb. An acknowledgement that we were robbed to be honest.

It's depressing though when you just know, as soon as the full time whistle went, the momentum behind those calling for him to go was gaining more support...

The thing is, and maybe I'm being unfair because I'm genuinely worried, but he doesn't have much of a likeabilty factor. I don't see passion and drive. I see him as whiny and feeling sorry for himself.

Owen Coyle was an Airdrieonian and Del McInnes was a Ranger before being dreadful playing for us. Likeability aint an issue for me!

The fans were great today - the majority waiting til the end and clapping the players off the park which was superb. An acknowledgement that we were robbed to be honest.

It's depressing though when you just know, as soon as the full time whistle went, the momentum behind those calling for him to go was gaining more support...

ROBBED!!! No, we were not robbed, we came second in a two horse race mate. The reason we lost was not robberey, it was lack of composure, lack of skill, lack of goals, lack of thinking. Yes we played better than last week, but come on now "Robbed"

I don't think so. :wink:

Taxi for Lomas , Dave Ferg and Pablo...

Never more, with the current demise of the team from the Govan to the 3rd division, have strong fiscal and strategic leadership policies been needed across all fronts.

Our current manager is both causing the team to underperform, singlehandedly, as well as providing other distractions.

He needs to go and we need to move on.

If all the bullshit loyalty some fans are portraying towards Lomas was extended to the way their very own employers were willing to operate they wouldnt have an empoyer far less a job!

You must have seen they played some good stuff and with heart today!?

Fair enough, and in the past I would support your point of view. I just don't think we have given long enough to what he is trying to do, especially given the turnaround in playing staff since the end of last season.

My loyalty isn't so blind that I will give him a whole season without success but I think right now, it's too early to be demanding a change, and those energies are better channelled into getting behind the team as a whole (inc Lomas)...

ROBBED!!! No, we were not robbed, we came second in a two horse race mate. The reason we lost was not robberey, it was lack of composure, lack of skill, lack of goals, lack of thinking. Yes we played better than last week, but come on now "Robbed"

I don't think so. :wink:

Agree to disagree Ghostie. The ref made a poor call - we were on the attack and he gave a foul against us which should probably have gone for us on the edge of their box (43 minutes). A minute later, they go up the other end and score!

Owen Coyle was an Airdrieonian and Del McInnes was a Ranger before being dreadful playing for us. Likeability aint an issue for me!

The thing is Dave. They both were likeable, especially Del. They were also very media savvy and were always positive in public.. SL is none of these sadly.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Know what you're saying (and jeez, I'm really trying to remain optimistic) but the same could be said of Alex Ferguson (and no, I'm not comparing Lomas and AF just making a point about personalities)

The thing is Dave. They both were likeable, especially Del. They were also very media savvy and were always poitive in public.. SL is none of these sadly.

That, I can't disagree with! :wink: Del was positive to the point of being absurd, that SL does not have. But, each to their own...

You must have seen they played some good stuff and with heart today!?

Fair enough, and in the past I would support your point of view. I just don't think we have given long enough to what he is trying to do, especially given the turnaround in playing staff since the end of last season.

My loyalty isn't so blind that I will give him a whole season without success but I think right now, it's too early to be demanding a change, and those energies are better channelled into getting behind the team as a whole (inc Lomas)...

But are our energies and passion matched by the management team? Doesn't look like it I'm afraid.

No it can't be can it!? A positive thread-Jeazo! I'm with the op on this one.Some ridiculous threads just now, one for a new Manager when we have one already-Strange!!

Hi will be on Lomas back after first round of games as much as anyone , but not to get at least that , as i have said elsewhere is unfair

I still think he can turn it arround.

Look at Brown, Fenlon, Houston this time last season!In fact we got off to a pretty shit start as well!!

No it can't be can it!? A positive thread-Jeazo! I'm with the op on this one.Some ridiculous threads just now, one for a new Manager when we have one already-Strange!!

Hi will be on Lomas back after first round of games as much as anyone , but not to get at least that , as i have said elsewhere is unfair

I still think he can turn it arround.

Look at Brown, Fenlon, Houston this time last season!In fact we got off to a pretty shit start as well!!

Precisely! How many Hibs fans must be feeling ever so slightly daft now after calling for Fenlon to go so insistently??