Was it a red?

SlickDT

I think the grounds for the appeal is the fact that the Ref sent off the wrong player. Apparently it was no. 7 who went in on Anderson, not no. 10.

The whole grounds for appeal is that the ref sent off the correct player but on the incorrect say so of his assistant.

The assistant (according to the players) said to the referee that number 7 was the player he should be sending off, then as the ref went to send off number 7, the linesman managed to direct him to the guilty party, number 10 (Derek Lyle).

The whole grounds for appeal is that the ref sent off the correct player but on the incorrect say so of his assistant.

The assistant (according to the players) said to the referee that number 7 was the player he should be sending off, then as the ref went to send off number 7, the linesman managed to direct him to the guilty party, number 10 (Derek Lyle).

Presumably the actions of the linesman were right in that he corrected his error before the wrong person was sent off. Would that be correct, resident ref?

Also, I'd assume that the defence of "I missed with my two-footed challenge" isn't going to hold much water! :twisted:

Presumably the actions of the linesman were right in that he corrected his error before the wrong person was sent off. Would that be correct, resident ref?

Also, I'd assume that the defence of "I missed with my two-footed challenge" isn't going to hold much water! :twisted:

They shouldn't be appealing the red card, unless there is clear video evidence that Lyle did not commit an act of violent conduct. The linesman corrected himself and that is fine - the correct player was sent off.