Ring Tone

Strawman

Sorted! It's in m4a format so have to convert original to AAC then rename it as a m4r extension. Then it can be dragged to iTunes where it's recognised as a tone and not a song. Easy, tho apple could make it much easier. No bad for a 54 year old!

Or you could have just downloaded the m4r that I posted above :P Edited by montrosesaintee

I did but it's actually named mayso.m4a.m4r and so didn't work until I renamed it *.m4r

But thanks for doing it!

I figured that - hence the :P face. The file was mayso.m4r, but itunes is ridiculous the way it converts files that you import to what it thinks they should be. For anyone else struggling, do not import the file to itunes, just double click it and it will open in itunes and appear in the 'tones' section. If you manually import it, itunes will convert it to an audio file and put it in your music library. The problem is that itunes changes so frequently, they just won't leave it alone, so what works in one version won't work in the next. Does my head in.

I expect there is a way you could download it direct to iphone, but as I said, my phone is in 450 pieces so I can't try it. If anyone is still struggling, i should have it fixed by next Wednesday and can help again.

Edited by montrosesaintee

I figured that - hence the :P face. The file was mayso.m4r, but itunes is ridiculous the way it converts files that you import to what it thinks they should be. For anyone else struggling, do not import the file to itunes, just double click it and it will open in itunes and appear in the 'tones' section. If you manually import it, itunes will convert it to an audio file and put it in your music library. The problem is that itunes changes so frequently, they just won't leave it alone, so what works in one version won't work in the next. Does my head in.

I expect there is a way you could download it direct to iphone, but as I said, my phone is in 450 pieces so I can't try it. If anyone is still struggling, i should have it fixed by next Wednesday and can help again.

Apple are a pain but they won't sour my enjoyment :P to them and thanks again montrose

Magic, successfully downloaded onto my iPhone via iTunes and, along with my car stickers, will certainly help spread the Saintees gospel out here !

All the best & many thanks Montrose Saintee.

Made 2 dozen of these yesterday and dropped them or left them on the bus coming back fae Letham.

If anybody finds them just stick them up anywhere.

( WHO THE F**K

IS STEVIE MAY)

in blue and white and some in red.