Youth News

soccerchic

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good coverage in the local papers and the club website about the u17's winning the league. However...

Spoilt again by not recognising the contribution (either by photo or name) made by the team's 5 or 6 youths who are still at school and who in addition to the significant amount of time they spend at their schooling/studies during the week, still manage to give up 2 very full evenings per week and most of a Sunday to training and playing for St Johnstone.

The club consistantly overlooks and appears not to value the significant contribution in both time and money that the part time players (and their parents) make to the well being of the youth set up.

It should not be just about the full time players...and 2 of the players in the photo are not even U17!

:mad:

Spoke to TC about picture in paper as you I also have a player who is part time. I was assured that more will be made of the team when the trophy will be presented. He also say,s he more than values the contribution made by the part time players who as he says may be full time when their studies allow. He does not use the website but admitted to looking at it on occassions and asked to thank the parents for all their help which he hopes to do personally in the near future.

Players can be released by the club and registration torn up, on the other hand if not released then another PY club has to pay compensation depending on how long the lad has been at the club.

If the lad leaves and goes to BC and re enters PY the comp could still kick in.

Is the comp not only at performance level?

Totally disagree with the compensation payment scheme, Boys clubs are bringing these kids up in football from 5 or 6 to 11 year old then a pro team comes in and has them for a year then has the right to ask for compensation. What do the boys Club get nowt, the pro clubs are even taking the kids at 11 so the boys clubs are not entitled to any subsequent percentage of a transfer fee in years to come, which only kicks in when the kid has been digned at 12..

I think all the youth lads are good and its a bit derogatory to come on a forum and say that a possible youth player is not very good:evil:

Generally agree there barney - to be signed to a club is an achievement in itself for the lads, especially when there is a lot of competition for the contracts at Saints. Having seen the conveyor belt of talent early doors in the form of McCluskey, Griffin, Whiteford and Scott make the first team and now with Jacko and Mooner, hopefully the lads can see that if they stick in and work hard they will get a chance if they are good enough and if they are not quite good enough here, they will learn enough to show that they are good enough for the lower levels of the senior game.

No its at both levels of PY although amounts per year are different.

barney I was talking to a youth coach tonight and he was telling us that they only get compensation if the player has been tied up on a 2 year deal. For players who are on a year to year registration tehy receive no compensation when they player leaves.

This coach told us a bout a player who had been watched by man utd and rangers if he had gone to Man Utd tehy would have received £30k whilst because he went to rangers they were only entitled to £3k.

barney I was talking to a youth coach tonight and he was telling us that they only get compensation if the player has been tied up on a 2 year deal. For players who are on a year to year registration tehy receive no compensation when they player leaves.

This coach told us a bout a player who had been watched by man utd and rangers if he had gone to Man Utd tehy would have received £30k whilst because he went to rangers they were only entitled to £3k.

Performance to Performnce club club it is £3k per year the lad has been at the club over the age of 12.

The sum I believe for Youth initiative is £500 per year.

This is an agreement between clubs which was designed to protect smaller club players being poached from the bigger clubs and not in the rule book.

Lads at PY are signed for a year but the club has an option for a further year and if they exercise that option, that is when comp kicks in.

The £30 k thing would be an agreement between the clubs and if the likes of Man Utd really wanted that youth player then the agreement would be between the two clubs.

In reality, PY is designed to get clubs develop talent into their 1st team or sell players on to put money back into youth system. Nothing wrong with that.

Performance to Performnce club club it is £3k per year the lad has been at the club over the age of 12.

The sum I believe for Youth initiative is £500 per year.

This is an agreement between clubs which was designed to protect smaller club players being poached from the bigger clubs and not in the rule book.

Agreed but the £500 only kicks in if you have the player ona 2 year deal. Most of the boys will be on 1 year deals.

I believe Alloa v St Johnstone on Sunday at McDiarmid

The contracts are 1 year plus 1 year option which in effect makes it a 2 year deal but only if the club excercise that option.

If and when a contract ends on June 30th and the player has not recieved written confirmation that the club will take the option , then no comp but if confirmation is recieved by the player before this date and he wants to go to another club , they would need to pay compensation.

My lad has been in the position and that was how it worked.

17'S at home to Alloa 1pm ( I think)

16's at home to Cowdenbeath 11.00am

The contracts are 1 year plus 1 year option which in effect makes it a 2 year deal but only if the club excercise that option.

If and when a contract ends on June 30th and the player has not recieved written confirmation that the club will take the option , then no comp but if confirmation is recieved by the player before this date and he wants to go to another club , they would need to pay compensation.

My lad has been in the position and that was how it worked.

That contradicts what the coach was telling me on Thursday night. They have one lad that they have signed up on a 2 year deal to ensure they can get compensation.

Ask HOY or call SFA and they will advise you.

As said, my lad has been in the position on a one year + one year option and compensation is definately in the equation, I had enough discussions with the club and SFA .

Some lads parents at the club in question, forked out money themselves which is not the way it should be so that they could be released.