Racist on line content against DJ

pezza70

From the BBC

St Johnstone will alert Police Scotland after midfielder Diallang Jaiyesimi was racially abused on social media.
The 25-year-old, on loan at the Scottish Premiership club from Charlton Athletic, was sent off in the first half of the 2-0 defeat at Rangers on Wednesday for a lunge on John Lundstram.

St Johnstone "firmly stand" with the player after he was targeted on X, formerly Twitter, and are "appalled that this unacceptable behaviour still exists in 2023".
The club's statement on Wednesday said: "We are aware of a racist tweet circulating that was aimed at Diallang Jaiyesimi tonight.
"We will pass this on to Police Scotland to investigate. Say no to racism."

8 hours ago, pezza70 said:

From the BBC

St Johnstone will alert Police Scotland after midfielder Diallang Jaiyesimi was racially abused on social media.
The 25-year-old, on loan at the Scottish Premiership club from Charlton Athletic, was sent off in the first half of the 2-0 defeat at Rangers on Wednesday for a lunge on John Lundstram.

St Johnstone "firmly stand" with the player after he was targeted on X, formerly Twitter, and are "appalled that this unacceptable behaviour still exists in 2023".
The club's statement on Wednesday said: "We are aware of a racist tweet circulating that was aimed at Diallang Jaiyesimi tonight.
"We will pass this on to Police Scotland to investigate. Say no to racism."

So sad that this still exists as we approach 2024. I hope DJ isnt too hurt by this awful situation. Good to see it's being addressed quickly. No place for this despicable language any more. 

2 hours ago, Levein on a Jet Plane said:

So sad that this still exists as we approach 2024. I hope DJ isnt too hurt by this awful situation. Good to see it's being addressed quickly. No place for this despicable language any more. 

Spot on, let’s hope they catch the people and they are not our clubs supporters who might of been disappointed with the red card.

The great thing about footy is the banter whether it’s with ya mates at the local pub talking and watching footy or at the game getting into the opposing fans with some chants to online forums like this where guys like Smarmy Arab comes on and even supports a different team, there is nothing disrespectful coming from him to us or our fans to him on here, that’s what makes footy great, but resorting to racial slurs isn’t funny or humorous and needs to be stamped out forever 

The person who posted it had rangers content on their account before it was deleted and anti Celtic vile slurs as well so I’m pretty confident this won’t reflect on our fans or the club. Really hope proper action gets taken against the mutant who posted the tweet in the first place and then all those who tried to justify it due to DJs poor tackle. 

The video of one of their fans gesticulating in a sexual manner towards Saints fans also needs to be dealt with properly especially when kids were nearby. Vile behaviour. 

I wanted to go last night to support the team but this kind of behaviour is exactly why I didn’t and likely why so many of our own support don’t turn up to the old firm games at mcdiarmid sadly. 

4 hours ago, lindz105 said:

The video of one of their fans gesticulating in a sexual manner towards Saints fans also needs to be dealt with properly especially when kids were nearby. Vile behaviour. 

He spent the final 15 minutes arguing with a couple of guys in the away end and offering them out. If I heard correctly, the child next to him was his own and he was 7-years-old. Father of the year material. 

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

He spent the final 15 minutes arguing with a couple of guys in the away end and offering them out. If I heard correctly, the child next to him was his own and he was 7-years-old. Father of the year material. 

And they wonder why we don’t go to Ibrox 🙄just a shame for the team as I like to go to as many away games as I can but I’m not subjecting my young kids to that behaviour. 

Remember Anthony Elanga saying I don't pay attention to any racist chants or messages, because when I do I stop concentrating on what I'm doing, and that's to be a footballer.

It was good to read, He was a young guy, not allowing any of the bile to get in the way of his focus, and passion.

The police will be on to it. 

Racism has not gone away, but it's far far far from what it ever was in this country, or around football. I don't think it's helpful to give the racist what they want, e.g some sort of recognition.

We are a fairly decent country, with very decent laws around this stuff, and when it happens, the consequences are uncompromising for those guilty of it. I think UK leads in equality legislation in Europe. 

16 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I always think guys like that specifically choose seats near the opposition support because they want to behave like that. This guy probably does the same thing every week. It's quite sad really.

Same with the guy who sent the racist tweet. You could see from the rest of the tweets on his profile, he was absolutely desperate to get a reaction out of people. He's probably found over the years that being negative or abusive to others is the only way he can get a bit of attention.