Gutted

Scobby_SJFC

SS - Dont you think the feelings are similar to A BOOT IN THE PUSS???!:)

No, not really Vic because with that you can always hit back immediately.

This is more like getting your conscription papers for the First World War - your told everything will be well and over by next Christmas but in your own mind you know it could take an eternity or might never end ........... or it might even be like being stunned by a Martian and you can't recover until the start of next season.

I was up early and I'm just back from a long walk at a place I like up in Perthshire -

scot1.bmp

and I've got everything out of my system.

Not really. :roll:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gretna only got in the third division by beating Gala Fairydean to it because Gala don't have a millionaire arsehole running them.

He's not an arsehole he's just using the 'Sugar Daddy' system that works in Scottish football. If you pay employees more, and employ more of them, you are likely to get success in any financial business. You might even be the best in your particular industry, sector or competition. He's quite a decent guy. There was a thread on "Chit Chat" about what is true competition in sport. Currently it's more like the FT100 or the NASDAC. The wealthier you are the better chance of getting in and getting rated.

That's why I find it odd when I watched the news on TV to see Celtic fans falling over themselves with delight over winning the SPL. :lol: :LAUGH OUT LOUD: :lol: I mean there are only two teams who can win the title, both of them buy internationalists off their competitors throughout the season and have huge worldwide support for reasons that are far removed from the Scotland that exists outside Glasgow. Ironically when it comes to the proposals for a local income tax, these same Glasgow football fans I assume want the tax rate to be set nationwide (centrally) rather than set locally e.g. Perthshire, Strathclyde etc. The reason? Our tax rate in Perthshire would be lower than Strathclyde. So they cheer on the success of their world financed millionaires but are themselves poor, while booing a real local income tax which rewards the success of an area in terms of economic success i.e. they want to be subsidised.

Ironically Ally McCoist and Owen Coyle (both with Saints connections) were in a movie with Robert Duvall and Michael Keaton about a low level Scottish club who are aided by a rich businessman to achieve glory. So the principle has always been there in theory but Brookes is just putting it into reality.

I feel symptoms of recovery. :)

What an emotional day saturday was,i personally have never went from near complete joy to utter despair in such a short space of time,to see guys that i know and have known for a long time reduce to tears really got to me,the next time i want to see a site like that it will be tears of joy for sure.On sunday morning saturdays events had sunk in more while trying to read the reports in the paper,i stopped reading,what a cruel and twisted way to end the season.

Gutted totally gutted,but heads up and all that,going by what i got told last night we will be back a stronger team and ready to fight for the title come the start of the season,if saints can produce the same fighting spirit we may well have the league wrapped up come the start of the newyear

first day back at work today. full of the cold as well now. first person to annoy me is getting it

I know what you mean. Having to describe it to everyone at work (sheep!) is a pain.

If our fans are half as good as that next season then we will have the 12th man every game and surely romp the season.

Bring on August and lets wave bye bye to Gretna on the passing.

EVERYONE at work is gutted and giving me cheeky wee grins saying "You'se were so unlucky" and sincerely meaning it...

I'm not gutted no more! Onwards and upwards......

Been a great season, and a great effort to get to where we did but we will bounce back stronger!

Looking forward to next season already and can't wait to relax on a break from the footy before PreSeason kicks off again!

Mon the Saints!

I still can't believe what happened on Satuday. I have never gone from being on such a high to being on such a low in such a quick period of time before.

I, too, was getting the sympathetic looks and the usual phrases of bad luck and condolences from work collegues, but it doesn't make me feel any better. I truely think that this will take a while for me to get over.

I am now getting to the stage though where I want to know who is staying and who is leaving for next season. Do we still have any hope of keeping Jason or is he definately away ? Do we have any pre-contract agreements signed up that have been kept quiet till the end of the season ? Who is Coyle going to let go to free up some wages ? Is there money from our cup runs this year to invest in the team again ? I want answers to these questions now !!! I am so impatient, I just want to start again.

Me too, Paul. I've had nothing but 'You were so unlucky' and 'You must be gutted' all morning. AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I was slightly happier going into work this morning but reading the reports in the papers, the Herald one was quite good, brought back the empty feeling from full time on Saturday.

Generally I'm now looking forward to the start of the new season, waiting to see who's staying and who we'll be bringing in and hoping that if Saints show the same grit and determination as they've done over the last 4 weeks, they can win the league outright next season. I also hope that many of the fans who came along to an away game for the first time on Saturday, will make the effort to go to some away games next season