Sunsport Today

Barty1884

See Leckie's back to normal with a rant at Geoff - same rant he had when Livi, Scumdee etc all took their gamble but I didn't see much in the way of an apology when those clubs nearly went to the wall because of it.

That and the reporter's comments about how even the "tractor boys" have come back to support Saints. Pathetic.

Leckie claims to keep an eye out for Saints as well.

In some aspects he's right, the glory hunters have been out in force recently, anyone actually think they'll be there in the middle of winter away to Morton? Cannae see it.

That and the reporter's comments about how even the "tractor boys" have come back to support Saints.

He should know that's not specific to Saints.

This is known as the 'latent' support concept and is a worldwide phenominan. When clubs go through runs or periods of success they tend to attract more of their potential fan base.

I don't want to go into the complexity of it but psychologically speaking the old firm fan base would shrink if they were relegated to the 1st division. However their latent or potential support is bigger and would return with any success. I thought it was simple to understand but I don't write for the papers.

The way to get the bulk of latent support out at football is to make the league and other competitions true competitions and not just competition in name.

some of the hamilton fans were just being cocks but there were some really good guys amoungst them that were clapping the saints fans as they left the ground. shame scum get in the grounds these days.

Agreed there was some very sporting Hamilton fans who applauded us and vice- versa,but as for some of those pricks in the end section of the main stand.Please tell me we`ve not got any fans like that.