Andy Jackson

MUZZ

If you are good at something you want to be the best you can be and be involved at the very top of that chosen profession. For a footballer that is international level I would be proud to play for Scotland as it is my birth land and the country I have a deep connection with. However if they took no interest I would still play for another country to be involved at the top level in my age group and better myself. To not do this would be cutting my nose off to spite my face

I can see your point, but my personal choice would be to put the most I could into playing for my club and just accept my nation didnt want me at that moment, and hope my form would change their mind in the future.

The way Jackson's playing at the moment Im pretty sure he would be in with a chance of playing for Scotland U-21's at the moment, but thats no longer an option.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were born within the army base in the medical unit there you would be born on British territory, not a problem.

If your parents happened to be on a tour of the UN building whilst on holiday to NY and your mother unexpectedly decided to produce you, would you be able to play for any country thats a UN member???

What if you were born on a tour of the Vatican? Would you get to play for the Republic of Ireland???!

If your parents happened to be on a tour of the UN building whilst on holiday to NY and your mother unexpectedly decided to produce you, would you be able to play for any country thats a UN member???

What if you were born on a tour of the Vatican? Would you get to play for the Republic of Ireland???!

Now your just getting stupid!!!

P.s whats irish about the vatican??

I just dont understand why he HAD toi have international football, and let be honest a yearago he wasnt exactly seeting the heather alight here, so i can understand why Scotland overlooked him.

My mindset is the whole point in international football is to represent the country you believe to be home (whether you were born their or not)- why play for another country if your own one isn't interested!?

Jackson doesn't seem to have any love for Ireland or feel he has roots there from his quotes, just seems to have wanted to play international football!

What's wrong with just wanting to play international football? Gaining international caps and maybe getting the opportunity to go to World Cups is the pinnacle of most players' careers. I agree with you that it should be about playing for your "home" country, but the rules say he's eligible to play for Ireland, so why not go for it? I know I would.

I do think the rules in this area need tightened up a bit, but I think it's the rules themselves that need to be criticised - not the players who take their chance to operate within them.

Not really. Please tell me which nationality you would be if born in either of these places because I dont know.

What relation is this to Andy Jackson?

From my studies I know that UN bulidings in NY are international and are not USA but id guess youd be American/Your Parents as youd be taken to an Amercian hospital after the birth!

As for the vatican you would be Italian

I know this is going well off topic, but the Vatican is a nation in its own right, so I don't think you'd be Italian. You'd be... Vaticanian?

Anyway, to get things back on topic - Andy Jackson, eh? Cor, what a player. I used to think he was a bit rubbish. Since then I've been forced to eat a steaming hot bowl of my own words.

Guest Nairn Saint

Richard Gough could have played for about 14 different countries but chose Scotland because of his ginger hair.

Isn't it just great to have a player on our books who is getting international recognition at any level for any country.

What relation is this to Andy Jackson?

From my studies I know that UN bulidings in NY are international and are not USA but id guess youd be American/Your Parents as youd be taken to an Amercian hospital after the birth!

It is related to Andy jackson as much as the earlier posts, including yours, about being born abroad on a British army base.

The UN is indeed international territory which is why I asked in the first place. The Vatican is a seperate city State and is not part of Italy or any other country which is why I asked.

Terribly sorry to have upset you by further extending a topic you had already extended.