Two in Seven Out

Scobby_SJFC

That's not the sort of talk managers should indulge in. What kind of example does that set to young people. That could easily be construed as a threat! I can understand fans indulging in that sort of stuff but a manager should know better. I seem to remember John Lambie coming out with similar comments years ago. I thought things had moved on. I have lost all respect for Alex Rae. What a big kid.

I think it was more an annoyance at the lack of honesty from the player,he didn,t have the decency to tell the manager face to face of his intentions.I think he could,ve been more up front about it with the fans also,especially as it was dee4life who actually bought him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was more an annoyance at the lack of honesty from the player,he didn,t have the decency to tell the manager face to face of his intentions.I think he could,ve been more up front about it with the fans also,especially as it was dee4life who actually bought him.

Why did he have to go face to face with Rae when the deal was being constructed with Swankies agent...after all he (swankie) did tell dundee that he wasnt going to re sign and they knew there was interest from St Johnstone.

I take it Rae's problem is the fact that he didnt get a fee for Swankie ?

Although d4life financed his transfer from Arbroath - surely it was up to Rae and the board to have offered him a longer contract ages ago and not wait until the last minute or did they ?

Why did he have to go face to face with Rae when the deal was being constructed with Swankies agent...after all he (swankie) did tell dundee that he wasnt going to re sign and they knew there was interest from St Johnstone.

I take it Rae's problem is the fact that he didnt get a fee for Swankie ?

Although d4life financed his transfer from Arbroath - surely it was up to Rae and the board to have offered him a longer contract ages ago and not wait until the last minute or did they ?

First of all he didn,t have to tell rae face to face its just courtesy,we are also losing dixon and robertson and they both told the manager at meetings they had with him.He is out of contract so we were never getting a fee for him.We didn,t ever offer him a longer contract he was offered slightly improved terms but you offered a longer contract and more money.I,d like to add at no point did swankie tell rae he wasn,t re-signing for dundee.

No wonder Swankie was so sheepish about discussing his big move to Saints last Sunday. :D

Jimmy Wallace, relax sunshine, you sure you're not taking things a bit too seriously with that post

Not really. You won't be saying that if the "special welcome" turns out to be a vicious tackle that ends Swankie's career. I'm afraid that's how I read it mate. Can't believe you are defending that coagie ****head!

I appreciate why Rae might be a tad upset at Swankie not telling him himself, but reading between the lines of what Swankie said about Del and the Doc, it seems clear that Rae may have dented his confidence. Maybe he didn't have any respect left for Rae, maybe Rae was a complete **** towards him? Going back to my original point though, I believe Rae should have just kept his ugly Dundee puss shut and risen above it all. Prick!

Not really. You won't be saying that if the "special welcome" turns out to be a vicious tackle that ends Swankie's career. I'm afraid that's how I read it mate. Can't believe you are defending that coagie ****head!

I appreciate why Rae might be a tad upset at Swankie not telling him himself, but reading between the lines of what Swankie said about Del and the Doc, it seems clear that Rae may have dented his confidence. Maybe he didn't have any respect left for Rae, maybe Rae was a complete **** towards him? Going back to my original point though, I believe Rae should have just kept his ugly Dundee puss shut and risen above it all. Prick!

You sitting on the fence again jim.:wink: