Two in Seven Out

Scobby_SJFC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today it has finally been confirmed that Gavin Swankie and Chris Millar have joined the club on Two year deals. YEY!!!!!! With Cuthbert, Lawrie, McManus, Stanic, Jamie McCluckey, Bobby Barr (strange heard good things about him) and Daniel McBreen (dissappointted about that!) thoughts?

http://www.stjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitem.asp?NewsID=2492

must have another keeper coming in. all the best kev! still gutted goran has left. all the best to all the players that have left!

i think letting mcbreen go will pay off, yeah he can win a few headers and got us that important goal at hampden but i dont think he will stay fit.

shame for bobby barr, thought he was a decent player

Don't really know much about either of the new guys, but wish them both well. Terrific news about the Wizard, and it's good to see Doris being offered an extension - I've always thought he's looked quite good. Anyone got any idea how he's done at Montrose?

Of the departures, surprised to see McBreen go as he seemed to be a good player with a good attitude, but none of the others are unexpected. It'll be interesting to see where all of these changes leave Weatherston though. This is a big season for him - he really needs to start pushing for a place, although at the moment I struggle to see where he could fit in. Perhaps he'll go out on loan if we sign another striker?

Surprised at Barr but not at the rest. Good news re Millar and Swankie.

As for Jody - no news is good news just now. Possibly something else later today?

Has O'Brien also been released? I felt that with him and Bobby being sent packing both would have been released.

Feel very sorry for Barr, Del should have tried him out and didn't - not saying he's good enough, but if we had actually played him in games, we would have an idea at least. Always a standout in reserves. Best of luck, wee man.

How many new players (i.e not Rocco) has Del signed since taking over?