Co-operative Insurance Cup - First Round Draw

Radford 72

last time i was there was THAT cup game

was back in Edinburgh before the game finished,sitting in the bar at the station getting the final scores..bar packed with hibees...score comes in place is in up roar

then a hibee at the bar turns to me and says..would love to see a Saints fan right now

......did,nt know what to say

ITS TIME FOR PAY BACK..

Yeah - get used to it!

Its one of the stock in trade lazy journalist lines that will be trotted out ad-nausium come the start of the new season.

"Meanwhile SPL new-boys St Johnstone..... blah, blah, blah....... welcome addition to the SPL...... blah, blah, blah....... small support, family club....... blah, blah, blah....... prudent club chairman ........ blah, blah, blah.......surprise factor....... blah, blah, blah....... narrowly missed out to Gretna blah, blah, blah......."

Chuck in a few more patronising cliches and you have every news paper pre-season preview of St Johnstone for the season to come! :wink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also just picked up that East Stirling also scheduled to play same day. Do Stenny get priority or will our game be moved to the Sunday to accomodate. Hope not.......

Our game will be on the Saturday I think.

I'm pretty sure as it's Stenny's ground they get the priority and get to play on the Saturday OR it's the first draw out the hat the plays on the Saturday and that's us anyway.

last time i was there was THAT cup game

was back in Edinburgh before the game finished,sitting in the bar at the station getting the final scores..bar packed with hibees...score comes in place is in up roar

then a hibee at the bar turns to me and says..would love to see a Saints fan right now

......did,nt know what to say

ITS TIME FOR PAY BACK..

Cheers for stirring up such wonderful memories! I just got taken off the medication last week that I got put on after that game!

[quote=Radford 72;224703. Because six teams qualified for Europe, ourselves and St Mirren find ourselves having to play at this stage, when usually we'd come in for the next round.

i must be thick but i dont get this??

the 6 teams in europe are higher ranked so wouldnt have been involved in the 1st round anyway. so why do they need to bring in 2 extra teams?

I wasnt at the cup game last year, is it standing and is this the ground where its almost on one level? if it is, my two year old might just be making an appearance.

As Radord says, proper terracing but not too steep so you should be ok with having the wee one there. Could be a fair crowd with it being the first competitive game of the season

i must be thick but i dont get this??

the 6 teams in europe are higher ranked so wouldnt have been involved in the 1st round anyway. so why do they need to bring in 2 extra teams?

Let me try to enlighten you...Last year only 4 in Europe.

1st Round. 28 teams.Including Annan ( No QoS.Dundee,Hamilton)

2nd Round 14 winners plus 10 teams(2nd and 1st in 1st division plus 8 SPL teams not involved in Europe

3rd Round 12 teams plus 4 Europe teams . **** Sellick, Well and Queens

4th Round 8 teams

Semis. 4 teams

Final.

This year 6 in Europe

1st round.. 32 teams.. Every team from the Sfl (including ICT) plus 2 from the Spl (Saints and the Midden)

2nd round.16 teams from 1st round plus 4 from SPL..20 teams.

3rd round. 10 teams plus the remaining 6 giving you 16 teams again

4th round 8 teams

Semi finals . 4 teams

Final.

I hope this makes sense. It took me bloody ages:laugh:

Let me try to enlighten you...Last year only 4 in Europe.

1st Round. 28 teams.Including Annan ( No QoS.Dundee,Hamilton)

2nd Round 14 winners plus 10 teams(2nd and 1st in 1st division plus 8 SPL teams not involved in Europe

3rd Round 12 teams plus 4 Europe teams . **** Sellick, Well and Queens

4th Round 8 teams

Semis. 4 teams

Final.

This year 6 in Europe

1st round.. 32 teams.. Every team from the Sfl (including ICT) plus 2 from the Spl (Saints and the Midden)

2nd round.16 teams from 1st round plus 4 from SPL..20 teams.

3rd round. 10 teams plus the remaining 6 giving you 16 teams again

4th round 8 teams

Semi finals . 4 teams

Final.

I hope this makes sense. It took me bloody ages:laugh:

go through that again ghosty

:):):)