It's All Swankie's Fault

SaintSam1884

This is the mentality of a section of our support and I genuinely find it difficult to understand. I was sitting infront of a group of people today who berated Swankie any and every time he took a touch. Some of the comments shouted included:

"Swankie, you're f*cking p*sh"

"F*ck sake, Swankie, get the f*ck off the park"

"Swankie, get to f*ck"

"You're not a f*cking footballer Swankie"

"Cannot pass, cannot take a man on, utter p*sh".

"McInnes, get him off, he's sh*te"

We only sat infront of these people for the first thirty minutes or so of the game before deciding to sit somewhere else. I dread to think what he got in the second half! I think it's really, really sad to hear abuse like this directed at one of our players when he's not even the worst on the park. Chris Millar, for a start, was much worse than Swankie today. No other player gained a comment out of these people. It was just Swankie. Everything was down to Swankie. At one point, he was no-where near the ball and he was on the receiving end of abuse from them because he didn't move into the space they wanted him to to receive a pass. These people need to realise that not only is it unfair on the player, but it actually ruins other supporters' enjoyment of the game to sit and listen to them moan.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter how bad they are, shouldn't have to tolerate that pish from their own "support." Out of order and should be rightly condemned.

Emotions get the best of us all, but abusing our own players is not the answer.

The odd comment, in the heat of the moment is understandable and part of the experience at a football match but he was on the receiving end of some very heated abuse every time he was on the ball. Even if he didn't do anything wrong, what he did wasn't good enough for them and so the torrent of abuse continued.

Swankie has had more chances to impress than I can remember. Time & time again he plays a few decent games only to start hiding in games again.

I can appreciate him tracking back against better teams but today he was there to get down the byline or take on the full back. He didn't do it once.

He's got the ability, if he won't do it then he should be shown the door...in January.

Swankie has had more chances to impress than I can remember. Time & time again he plays a few decent games only to start hiding in games again.

I can appreciate him tracking back against better teams but today he was there to get down the byline or take on the full back. He didn't do it once.

He's got the ability, if he won't do it then he should be shown the door...in January.

Yeah, absolutely. The other ten were excellent, the times that Hards got to the bye line and whipped in a great ball...

Yeah, absolutely. The other ten were excellent, the times that Hards got to the bye line and whipped in a great ball...

The other ten were just as bad, but are more likely to get the bad game out of their system.

I don't for one minute condone whats been described above but Swankie has had too many chances as far as i'm concerned.

Whilst I agree with that, it's still not a good reason to verbally abuse one of the boys at the game. (not that I'm suggesting you think it is) I don't really rate Deuchar TBH, but I'll be cheering him on at Mc'D or anywhere else he plays cause he's a Saintee.

This is the mentality of a section of our support and I genuinely find it difficult to understand. I was sitting infront of a group of people today who berated Swankie any and every time he took a touch. Some of the comments shouted included:

"Swankie, you're f*cking p*sh"

"F*ck sake, Swankie, get the f*ck off the park"

"Swankie, get to f*ck"

"You're not a f*cking footballer Swankie"

"Cannot pass, cannot take a man on, utter p*sh".

"McInnes, get him off, he's sh*te"

We only sat infront of these people for the first thirty minutes or so of the game before deciding to sit somewhere else. I dread to think what he got in the second half! I think it's really, really sad to hear abuse like this directed at one of our players when he's not even the worst on the park. Chris Millar, for a start, was much worse than Swankie today. No other player gained a comment out of these people. It was just Swankie. Everything was down to Swankie. At one point, he was no-where near the ball and he was on the receiving end of abuse from them because he didn't move into the space they wanted him to to receive a pass. These people need to realise that not only is it unfair on the player, but it actually ruins other supporters' enjoyment of the game to sit and listen to them moan.

Point them out to me the next time Sam and I'll set them straight. Swankie whilst not particularly good today was streets ahead of Millar who was worse than pish and was no worse than Morris , Muzza and Hardie..

I agree " it's all Swankies fault" i've been saying that for long enough:wink:

Seriously though, I really want him to do well. I was critical of him last week (as someone had a go at me for saying, i wonder who :wink:) but I still wanted him to start this week. But it just isn't happening for him and I don't know how long we can keep playing him when he's not performing. Other players are having the odd bad game but Swankie is just have the odd good game. As for the abuse aimed at him, it's out of order. We're all in this together, players and fans alike, let's get behind the team starting on Tuesday.

I agree " it's all Swankies fault" i've been saying that for long enough:wink:

Seriously though, I really want him to do well. I was critical of him last week (as someone had a go at me for saying, i wonder who :wink:) but I still wanted him to start this week. But it just isn't happening for him and I don't know how long we can keep playing him when he's not performing. Other players are having the odd bad game but Swankie is just have the odd good game. As for the abuse aimed at him, it's out of order. We're all in this together, players and fans alike, let's get behind the team starting on Tuesday.

He put in at least half a dozen crosses which Deuchar could have buried. It's not his fault our clueless manager decides to play one then the other. Swanks and Dukes must play together and someone (other than me) needs to explain that to Derek McInnes.

Point them out to me the next time Sam and I'll set them straight. Swankie whilst not particularly good today was streets ahead of Millar who was worse than pish and was no worse than Morris , Muzza and Hardie..

The difference is those players have shown they can put together runs of good form, Swankie hasn't.

He had plenty of the ball today, in good positions, but he isn't prepared to play to his ability.

The difference is those players have shown they can put together runs of good form, Swankie hasn't.

He had plenty of the ball today, in good positions, but he isn't prepared to play to his ability.

Were you there today.??? I bet your part of the get right at him brigade , even before the games 5 minutes old.. We'll need to agree to disagree and you can think what you want to and I'll just think your talking pish..

He put in at least half a dozen crosses which Deuchar could have buried. It's not his fault our clueless manager decides to play one then the other. Swanks and Dukes must play together and someone (other than me) needs to explain that to Derek McInnes.

I agree that Swankie and the Doc should play together, that's what I said in my prefered team line up.

Yes I was and no i'm not.

What part of that don't you agree with?!?

I think Swankie has shown plenty in the limited starts he's had. He looked very good pre season and yet come the start of the league campaign McInnes failed to play him. Including today he has had 3 starts ( 2 of which have come in the last two games and the other against Hibs in the cup when he scored a great goal and played very well) and 4 sub appearances in 12 games. Hardly enough to judge the boy on. 3 games, 1 good one, 1 decent performance against the CBs and a poor performance today in a team that was poor from front to back...Hardly constitutes much of a chance does it??

I think Swankie has shown plenty in the limited starts he's had. He looked very good pre season and yet come the start of the league campaign McInnes failed to play him. Including today he has had 3 starts ( 2 of which have come in the last two games and the other against Hibs in the cup when he scored a great goal and played very well) and 4 sub appearances in 12 games. Hardly enough to judge the boy on. 3 games, 1 good one, 1 decent performance against the CBs and a poor performance today in a team that was poor from front to back...Hardly constitutes much of a chance does it??

And the most important part of the story is that he (and Irvine) are the ultimate example of a confidence player. It would be hard for any player to play well in pre-season and be inexplicably dropped at the start of the campaign, for such as Swanks, it was cruel beyond measure.

I wasn't basing it on this season alone. He has failed to play to his potential, for a sustained period, for most of his time at Saints. IMO Del knows he won't turn it on week in week out. He was the same at Dundee by all accounts.

Yes the whole team were poor today but Swankie was given lots of the ball in what should have been dangerous positions, for a guy with his ability, yet he didn't take his man on once. He was given lots of space today to put in a good performance, regardless of the rest of the team, but yet again let the chance go by.

There's a difference between floating an aimless ball in from mid-way in the oppononts half and getting to the byeline and putting a dangerous cross in with the defense on the backfoot.

Swankies a good crosser of the ball...thats not the issue.