Kerbs

Over the Road

Be careful out there!

Got home from work tonight and realised all the kerb stones had dropped around 1 - 2 inches from the pavement level right along our street :shock: , likely under the weight of the snow piled up on it for 4 weeks! That should start the pavement to crumble as well eventually!

Be prepared for a hell of a lot of roadworks around Perth when we eventually get some decent weather. :sad:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful out there!

Got home from work tonight and realised all the kerb stones had dropped around 1 - 2 inches from the pavement level right along our street :shock: , likely under the weight of the snow piled up on it for 4 weeks! That should start the pavement to crumble as well eventually!

Be prepared for a hell of a lot of roadworks around Perth when we eventually get some decent weather. :sad:

It's like that in North Muirton.. Some parts of the pavements look like the aftermath of an earthquake. Pavements round drains are raised a couple of inches. The Telewest cable scars which run the length of most pavements have all split really badly as water got into them and froze. inch wide gaps at both sides .. Never seen the snow and frost do that before.. Will take plenty time and money to sort

Guest Bertrand
It's like that in North Muirton.. Some parts of the pavements look like the aftermath of an earthquake. Pavements round drains are raised a couple of inches. The Telewest cable scars which run the length of most pavements have all split really badly as water got into them and froze. inch wide gaps at both sides .. Never seen the snow and frost do that before.. Will take plenty time and money to sort

A bit of heave under the stones and swelling from the frost, its all over the place, train stations, my front garden et al!

Isn't this the type of things that ur poll tax is for !

Poll tax, slightly dated term... although council budgets will not be increasing to cover the cost of repair. Council services continue to become more efficient, modernised therefore on that basis: the pavements are the least of the local authority's concerns.

We just need to get used to bumpy and poor pavements for the next few years. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on the kerbs and paths around my street to be repaired in the next 6 months....

Poll tax, slightly dated term... although council budgets will not be increasing to cover the cost of repair. Council services continue to become more efficient, modernised therefore on that basis: the pavements are the least of the local authority's concerns.

We just need to get used to bumpy and poor pavements for the next few years. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on the kerbs and paths around my street to be repaired in the next 6 months....

Regardless of being a dated term, do they not need to protect the safety of the local people. I can see a lot of serious injuries otherwise.

Guest Bertrand

Just wait for the Claims Direct folk to read this, they'll have 3 offices opened in Perth! - Rest assured the council will be repairing footpaths just as quickly as roads, the reason your kids dont have a new playpark to go to is because the council is constantly paying out in this compensation culture to anyone that falls/trips/somersaults into an open drain, they wont be handing folk a reason to claim by not fixing the pavements too...

Mr Kemp , I suspect that you work for P&KDC.

If we had spent less on your bloody flowers and more on salt then our hospitals would not be stretched to their limits!

Och no, we should paint the railings on the Queen's Bridge, then re-paint in accordance with the majority of the PA readership/letter writers.

We should also introduce a partial one way system with reduced city centre parking. If only they hadn't bothered with rooftop parking on the St John's centre...

Now, hands up if anyone knows why there are almost 6 empty retail units in Perth:roll:

Actually, if we took all the shops out of Perth, then it would make jobs harder to come by and increase the burden of debt through benefit claimants. Perhaps that's the plan...