I thought 'reserved' stickers on seats were for Season Ticket holders?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People forget that football is a social vent. As long as you are not shouting anything about their families, racial based insults etc, players, even at St J's level, should remember that they are there to entertain us and that getting insulted from the stands is part and parcel of what they have chose to make a career of. The same applies to shouting, gesticulating at rival supporters - the majority of those who do it have no desire to actually cause any harm to the other teams fans. It is an environment where many people (who perhaps have shit lives) can let off steam and perhaps feel that their enthusiasm / passion actually makes a difference. If anything, it is a controlled environment for the release of these frustrations - rather there than a husband knocking lumps out his wife and kids behind closed doors.

There are of course lines that need to be drawn. No supporter should ever run onto the pitch and threaten a player - away from the game, no player should be subjected to insults when out for a meal with their family - stuff like that. Humour from the touchlines has always been an important part of football, as has the chance to voice your opinion / frustrations / disgust with your teams performance without sadsacks like saintee69 getting all precious about it. Likewise, what better feeling than the release of joy when your team plays well, scores a goal, gets a victory. Who doesnt enjoy when a player, who's back you have been on all game, pops up and scores the winner.

Banter between fans of the same team - part of the experience, we all have different views on who is good, who is not - we all have our favourites.

Okay, semi-drunken word dump over!!

Bring on season 2010-11!!

People forget that football is a social vent. As long as you are not shouting anything about their families, racial based insults etc, players, even at St J's level, should remember that they are there to entertain us and that getting insulted from the stands is part and parcel of what they have chose to make a career of. The same applies to shouting, gesticulating at rival supporters - the majority of those who do it have no desire to actually cause any harm to the other teams fans. It is an environment where many people (who perhaps have shit lives) can let off steam and perhaps feel that their enthusiasm / passion actually makes a difference. If anything, it is a controlled environment for the release of these frustrations - rather there than a husband knocking lumps out his wife and kids behind closed doors.

There are of course lines that need to be drawn. No supporter should ever run onto the pitch and threaten a player - away from the game, no player should be subjected to insults when out for a meal with their family - stuff like that. Humour from the touchlines has always been an important part of football, as has the chance to voice your opinion / frustrations / disgust with your teams performance without sadsacks like saintee69 getting all precious about it. Likewise, what better feeling than the release of joy when your team plays well, scores a goal, gets a victory. Who doesnt enjoy when a player, who's back you have been on all game, pops up and scores the winner.

Banter between fans of the same team - part of the experience, we all have different views on who is good, who is not - we all have our favourites.

One of the most intelligent posts I've ever read on here! Welcome to the forum Edstar.

Of course, it'll all fall on the deaf ears of those on here who delight in pontificating down their noses, chins and everything else to the rest of us about how we should all behave at a football match. Friends of mine have even been threatened physically by the do-as-I-say's for venting at a Saints game in the past! Had a laugh the other day though - one of them whining that he was "entitled to his opinion" when challenged by another poster on another thread. Priceless coming from him.

At what point did I say I was a professional footballer? I said I played football. Did your mummy ever let you play or were you not allowed to get dirty? Perhaps you have made up some of the stuff I supposedly said last season too.

Please do pop up and see me, will happily give you an autograph anyway. If you can drag yourself away from your 'heroes'. I seriously think you may be 12 years old right enough.

Ah - goatee boy, your rumbled!! - "i have played football all my life" - where? - in the park like the rest of us. excellent. i thought you looked a bit on the heavy side to have ever played at a decent level, unless of course you were actually the ball!!. This is getting too much fun to come up and reveal my identity especially as i was speaking to a couple of guys in That bar last night who also have to put up with your "in-depth analysis" every week. We have decided to run a weekly competition from now on. we are running a "goatee boy comment of the week" competition with the winner come the end of the season winning a coconut in tribute to your head.

Sadsack - im loving it keep it coming!!

Well said Edstar101. Welcome to the forum

Ah - goatee boy, your rumbled!! - "i have played football all my life" - where? - in the park like the rest of us. excellent. i thought you looked a bit on the heavy side to have ever played at a decent level, unless of course you were actually the ball!!. This is getting too much fun to come up and reveal my identity especially as i was speaking to a couple of guys in That bar last night who also have to put up with your "in-depth analysis" every week. We have decided to run a weekly competition from now on. we are running a "goatee boy comment of the week" competition with the winner come the end of the season winning a coconut in tribute to your head.

Saintee69, welcome as well, but you really are not doing yourself any favours being so confrontational so early on with you're posts.

With the boy I'm talking about, it's nothing to do with loving the team. It's because all he seems to do is stand and act wide to opposition fans all the bloody time. Like many other I quite often enjoy flashing unsavoury yet highly amusing hand gestures across to the North stand and join in with songs ripping the pish but this boy just seems to do this all the time in nothing less than a blatantly confrontational manner. It's great having the crack ripping opposing fans but this boy is just a pain in the arse and I've seen quite a lot of folk getting annoyed with him.

This happened to me for the first time ever yesterday. Obviously the people who sat in our seats wanted to sit around their friends but I think it's just pretty disrespectful to sit in someone elses season ticket seat. We were lucky we'd decided to leave a bit earlier than normal yesterday (although not lucky enough to get our own seats) and managed to get seats nearby. We did not ask them to move because there was four of us and there wasn't four seats around our season ticket seats but if we'd been by ourselves we would have. The funniest thing is the people who sat in our seats - if they had looked and seen the reserved sticker - would've been aware of whose seats they were as we've all sat in the same area for years. The whole point of us buying season tickets and reserving a seat is so that we don't need to worry about where we're going to sit. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Edited by SaintSam1884

I'm sitting in the Main stand from now on. East stand is a b****** finding seats. All the non-reserved ones are up at the opposite end of the car park, which isn't the best view. Its not so bad if its one or two people but when you are bringing along 5 or 6 its a right chore getting seats together.

By comparison, the Main stand for a £1 more gives you more of a choice with seats, a nicer canteen and you feel a bit more in the action since you can hear the manager shouting at the players.