I thought 'reserved' stickers on seats were for Season Ticket holders?

When I walked into the East Stand today at 2.25pm I overheard a conversation between some fans and a steward.

Fan : "But these seats have got reserved stickers on them."

Steward : "Just ignore them."

Then at half-time friends told me there had been 2 fans sitting in their reserved season ticket seats when they got into the East Stand. She pointed out to them that they were sitting in reserved seats and asked them politely to move.

They grumbled something to her about a steward saying they could sit anywhere to which she replied that she had bought a season ticket and specifically chosen her seat and that it had a reserved sticker on it for that reason.

They reluctantly moved - to other seats with reserved stickers on them!:shock:

My friend pointed this out to them and was met with "Well, you find us seats without reserved stickers on them and we will sit on them!"

When my pal mentioned the above incident to a steward the steward told her to "take it up with St Johnstone FC!":shock:

What are reserved stickers on seats for?

Why do we pay for stewarding at McDiarmid Park?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I walked into the East Stand today at 2.25pm I overheard a conversation between some fans and a steward.

Fan : "But these seats have got reserved stickers on them."

Steward : "Just ignore them."

Then at half-time friends told me there had been 2 fans sitting in their reserved season ticket seats when they got into the East Stand. She pointed out to them that they were sitting in reserved seats and asked them politely to move.

They grumbled something to her about a steward saying they could sit anywhere to which she replied that she had bought a season ticket and specifically chosen her seat and that it had a reserved sticker on it for that reason.

They reluctantly moved - to other seats with reserved stickers on them!:shock:

My friend pointed this out to them and was met with "Well, you find us seats without reserved stickers on them and we will sit on them!"

When my pal mentioned the above incident to a steward the steward told her to "take it up with St Johnstone FC!":shock:

What are reserved stickers on seats for?

Why do we pay for stewarding at McDiarmid Park?

Any idea if the stickers are up to date? I presume all this seasons ticket holders have stickers on their seats but do they actually remove the old ones. The reason for asking is that there seems to be stickers on most seats compaired to the actual amount of season ticket holders that we have. Maybe it just looks like that in the end where I usually sit. But I often see the same seats with stickers on them and they are never used.

I had exactly the same problem today. Me and my mate arrived at 2.30, two younger guys were sat in our seats and refused to shift. I tried to explain that we had paid for our seats but they refused to budge quite indignantly. Their justification for this was that all the seats around them had stickers on, and they had to sit somewhere. They then moved to the row in front of us, and got moved on again just before kick off by the season ticket holders in those seats. It's not the first time it has happened this season, and it's beginning to get quite annoying.

As a non season ticket holder i've noticed there seems to be a reasonable number of reserved seats without stickers on them, particularly in the middle sections.

I don't go anywhere near the middle sections partly due to not wanting to have to move seats when a season ticket holder turns up at a seat with no sticker.

Any idea if the stickers are up to date? I presume all this seasons ticket holders have stickers on their seats but do they actually remove the old ones. The reason for asking is that there seems to be stickers on most seats compaired to the actual amount of season ticket holders that we have. Maybe it just looks like that in the end where I usually sit. But I often see the same seats with stickers on them and they are never used.

Two seasons back my seat had no reserved sticker on it till the 4th home game of the season. I got tired of having to ask people to move out of my seat so dropped a wee e-mail to Paul and he sorted for me.

Assuming the seats are checked at the start of each season it's possible a few are missed or stickers could be left on seats accidently that aren't renewed.

But my mate's had a reserved sticker on it today and the fan in her seat just argued with her like she was in the wrong! Why are stewards telling pay-at-the-gate fans they can sit 'anywhere'? Aren't they briefed on this sort of thing before games? How hard can it be to understand?:shock:

"Well, you find us seats without reserved stickers on them and we will sit on them!"

You should redirect them to the 'rubbish' red seats at the ormond end and tell them if they cant fork out for a season ticket or cant come early enough to find a reasonable seat which is not reserved then thats where they have to sit.

The stewards are hopeless. They are only there and getting paid because the SFA and the police say we have to have them. I don't think they actually do very much apart from get on supporters nerves.

But my mate's had a reserved sticker on it today and the fan in her seat just argued with her like she was in the wrong! Why are stewards telling pay-at-the-gate fans they can sit 'anywhere'? Aren't they briefed on this sort of thing before games? How hard can it be to understand?:shock:

The stewards we have are a joke and I agree that you shouldn't have to argue with someone to move from your seat. It annoyed me when I had my season ticket and someone was in my seat but it never ended in an arguement. If you sit in a reserved seat then you should expect someone to tell you to move so you cant complain about it and refuse to move. As I dont have a season ticket now, I try to get in early enough to find a seat.

You should redirect them to the 'rubbish' red seats at the ormond end and tell them if they cant fork out for a season ticket or cant come early enough to find a reasonable seat which is not reserved then thats where they have to sit.

The stewards are hopeless. They are only there and getting paid because the SFA and the police say we have to have them. I don't think they actually do very much apart from get on supporters nerves.

Excuse me!!!! The red seats at the Ormond end are wonderful. I have had my season ticket at that end for the last 3 years:D:D:D

As for the stewards, the guy who does the last tunnel at our end is great but he is the exception to the rule.. Mostly they are thick, ignorant gits,who frankly,would have difficulty distinguishing their arses from their elbows.. I suggest that the fans who had the problem should contact the club and get this sorted before it gets out of hand.

If someone was sitting in my seat and refused to move when I asked them politely, I would have no compunction about slinging their arses out myself..

I have never had any problems to date.

Around 50% of the East Stand is season ticket holders, people who pay for a specific seat are obviously going to opt for a fairly desirable one so you would guess that many people paying cash will head towards areas that they would want to sit (ie Centre) where its gonna be mostly full......

I sit in the Ormond end of the East Stand because I don't have a season ticket and there are a few seats at that end. To be honest I quite like sitting along there. The older generation like a good moan but its all fun :wink:

I can confirm that one of the upset fans sent an email to the Club last night (the steward did say to take it up with the Club...) and the other fan will be phoning the Club in the morning regarding this issue.

Another thing. I have taken up the offer - that all season ticket holders have - which is to buy a reserved parking place for £20. At the home game against Hibs, I couldn't park in my space because some Hibee 4x4 was planted in it. Yesterday, as I was getting into my car I noticed that 3 Motherwell fans were getting into a car parked in the space next to me. (I'm in bay 177 - and I know a family park next to me.) So I can only assume that this is happening a lot. The opposition fans parking in these reserved bays are not only taking up the space of Saintees who have paid for it; but they are avoiding paying any car park charges at all. I mentioned it to an attendant, he shrugged and told me to park somewhere else.

Like the reserved seat problem - nae good enough!

I have never had a season ticket yet go home and away. I accept as such that not having one forgoes any input re any votes etc by the club but opinions like yours as in show non ST holders reduced facilities is ridiculous. Non ST fans who go all season give the club more money than you!

I have no problem in asking someone to vacate my seat - and it is my seat, chosen by me when I paid for my season ticket and therefore reserved for my personal use for that season - but the problem here is that Stewards were openly telling pay-at-the-gate fans they could 'sit anywhere' and to 'ignore reserved stickers', thus creating problems and possible anmosity between fellow fans.

Surely part of a Steward's remit is to ensure that peace is kept rather than breached?:shock:

What is a Steward's remit at McDiarmid Park, or any other football ground for that matter?:?:

We had people sitting in our seats before who moved when we arrived so it wasn't a problem but we got speaking to them and they were having a nightmare finding a seat as apparently there are 'reserved' stickers on seats that aren't actually reserved. The stickers are just there from previous season(s?).

The stewards had told them just to pick a seat and if the season ticket holder arrived then they'd have to move! This isn't really ideal for ST holders or PAYG fans. Even if they aren't going to remove stickers every season could they change the colour or something??

Just on a seperate off-topic point on the stewards yesterday. As I was standing in the queue to get in, I overheard a supervisor telling the front end staff (i think 4 of them) that they were too casual. She had stopped 4 people drinking from coke bottles further up the line.

All is not well with our friends from Gs4

Saints were also quick enough to rip my sons special ticket off before the start of this season. You know the ones with the Name and Football Shirt.