World Cup Prediction League

pezza70

I have been able to set up a world cup prediction league for us to try our luck.

All it takes is a quick 2 minute registration and you are all set.

The league will be divided into 3 sections:

1. Predict the winner

2. Predict the score

3. Predict the goal margin

I have been able to secure a prize for the overall winner which will be a free betting voucher with multibet bookies.

To register go to www.toptipper.com

Just register and subscribe to the FIFA world cup, from there join the group known as Saintees.

They send out e mails with the games if you select the e mail reminder, 48 hours before each game.

I hope you will all join up and we can have some fun, whilst we wait for the season to start again for us.

I will post a new message with the rules for deciding the overall winner.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules for deciding the overall winner will be as follows:

The person who finishes with the highest position in all 3 comps will be deemed the winner:

e.g. if you finish 4th in the winners, 9th in the scores and 7th in the margins that will give you a combined score of 20 points.

The lowest combined score is the winner.

You must tip in all 3 to be eligble for the betting voucher prize.

It there are multiple tippers tied for the overall prize, the winner will be the person who has the highest table finish in any of the 3 comps.

If it is still a tie after that then the person who finished the highest in the pick the scores table will be deemed the winner.

I'm in, with a list of familiar names, but not confident that I have a clue what's going on... but that's life to me!

It's quite simple, you predict the winner, the score and the margins on each game.

Just make sure you have the e mail option on, as you will recieve an e mail 48hrs before each game reminding you to tip.

You can also make your tips through the e mail.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them :)

• 2 weeks later...
dont no if this is the right place to post this but have u seen the odds for the world cup? france at 12/1 r a good shout. who r u bettin for?

14/5 is the best available on Brazil and I really can't see past them. I've been convinced they'll win it since their performance in the Confederations Cup last summer.

People say they are weak defensively but their back four come from AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Bayern Leverkusen and Real Madrid. The holding man in midfield plays for Juventus! You don't play for those clubs if you are weak... oh, the keeper plays for Milan too!

Germany and France both have big-game experience so the best odds of 8/1 and 14/1 are tempting as backup.

The usual suspects will flop as usual but I think Portugal could have one final tournament in them. They've a top class coach and aren't under as much pressure as they've been in the last two major tournaments being hosts and on the back of their Euro 2000 performance.

Wouldn't be surprised if either Holland or Argentina (or both!) crash out in the group stages as Ivory Coast and Serbia are no mugs.

Fancy a bit of Ronaldo (11/1), Adriano (14/1) and Pauleta (33/1) for top scorer too.